Thread: merging MP3 to AVI files

merging MP3 to AVI files

Hello can anyone please help me? I am not able to combine MP3 to AVI files. I am able to convert .VOB to .AVI but after that I get two files. I get the AVI file and the other is WAV file. By doing this entire thing sometime I found that wav files are too large. Then I try to convert that to MP3 format. And I successfully convert that from wav to mp3 format. I can easily combine the AVI and wav file without any problem but because off this my video size is increases. So I want to know how to combine MP3 with the AVI files. If anyone knows this please tell me.

re: merging MP3 to AVI files

Hi I hope this information will work on your problem. You can open your video in virtualdub. After that set the video as direct stream copy and then select the audio tab and choose full processing mode. After selecting this click on Wav audio and choose your wav file. Now from this you can manually choose your Mp3 compressor and volume adjustment. Do the same thing as you done above but now choose direct stream copy from audio tab. Change your Mp3 extension of your audio into .wav. Then save this as AVI. By doing this you can combine your Mp3 and AVI file.

I am able to convert this MP3 to AVI file but I am facing the other problem in which the both video and audio are playing at very slow speed rate. Sometime MP3 and AVI file run slower than the normal running speed. My original mp3 file run at the normal speed but after merging its reduced the speed .so I am not able to resolve this problem. Please help me to solve this problem so I can run my file at the normal speed.

While combining MP3 with the AVI file you can face another problem. After merging MP3 and AVI file your file cannot run at the normal speed. It happens because of your interleave settings. You have to interleave your mp3 at every 300 frames that is 10 seconds of the movie, with the adjustment to the audio delay. For the good result you require the correct synchronization of your audio and video file. Check your interleaving option under the audio tab. and adjust the audio file according to your AVI file.

Hello I follow your reply but I don’t have any idea about virtualdub software. I download that software from the internet but I am not able to work on it. Can anyone tell me the steps for combining the MP3 file with AVI file using this virtualdub software? I try to search this on internet but I did not get the proper solution on internet, so I hope that here I will get the solution on my query.

I hope these steps are helpful for you to merge your MP3 with your AVI file. First open virtualtub, next open your AVI file from file-open video file tab. After that one message window will appear on your screen, in which it says do you want to rewrite header so select the no button. Then your video will be open, now go at the very last frame. After that open the second AVI file and append this file with the previous file. After that set video to direct stream copy and save AVI file. And then merging process will start. After this step your merging is completed.