Thread: Can’t uninstall adobe acrobat

Can’t uninstall adobe acrobat

I have installed Adobe Acrobat Standard version 8.1.0 in my computer which I got with my computer . I wanted to update it , so when I tried to update it there was some problem so I went to uninstall it. But When I clicked on ok then again control panel shows original is not installed and does not allow me to continue the un installation process.so can anybody tell me how to solve this problem? i would appreciate your help.

Re: Can’t uninstall adobe acrobat

Yes friend I also had the same problem a while ago. I wanted to update adobe acrobat reader . I tried to update adobe reader but while updating I got failed message. So i went for acrobat uninstaller but it also failed and could not recognized acrobat as a valid application. I tried with adobe updater also but again could not solve this problem. So if get solution post it so , I can also solve my trouble.

If you want to update your adobe version . Then have a look on acrobat application with get info. After that go to disk utility and in that repair permission. Even now also if it is showing some problem then uninstall from with the acrobat directory. Now delete all files which are related to previous version of adobe. Now install original adobe acrobat reader from CD. Now before using this program run the updater.

Solution for your problem is ,go to start button there you select run . this will open command window ,you type msconfig and double click on ok. New window will get open ,in that select startup tab,there look for adobe updater and remove the check mark of it. Click on ok ,close the window now restart your computer. This will definitely help you but the disadvantage of this you have to do manual updation for adobe acrobat.But still this method will provide you solution to your problem.

When we uninstall Adobe Acrobat it does not get completely uninstalled . some broken files, registry entries are left uninstall on your computer. To solve this problem you have to completely uninstall these uninstalled files, registry manually which is recommended by adobe itself. This would be long process but will give you required solution. Else download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility After I installed this tool, now you can see the Adobe Acrobat in the list and easily removed it with one click.