Thread: Word 2011 freezes on startup in Mac

Word 2011 freezes on startup in Mac

I have three different accounts in my Mac. Out of this three accounts, two work perfectly fine. The third account has some problem. Whenever I try to use Word 2011 through that user account on Mac the Word automatically freezes. It starts freezing during startup. Every time when I try to start it freezes at a certain point, requiring a force to quit thereafter. Since Word works perfectly in all other user accounts on that Mac, I guess the problem is with that user account. Do anyone know a solution for this. Please reply back to me.

Re: Word 2011 freezes on startup in Mac

As the Word 2011 works properly with the other two accounts that are present I think that there is certainly some problem with the third account. I feel the simple method that you can use is re create a new user account. All you can do is track down everything with the Word Microsoft on that account and then delete it. After that you just need to follow those simple steps to recreate a new user account and all will be perfectly fine. I am sure that once you create a new account then you can open your Word 2011 using it.

I feel that there's a reason I just cannot delete any Microsoft files, and it's also the same reason I feel that I should not make a new account just because I don’t use that account much. Word works perfectly in all the other accounts. Of three accounts on the computer, it works just fine in two of them. Unless something catastrophic were to occur in the third account, I see little reason to create a fresh one. So is there any other alternate solution to the problem that I am facing.

I think that the best solution is you have to create a new account. What you can do is that you can delete the Microsoft files that are present in the third account. Those files will be in the library folder and inside that they will be present in the preference folder. Sometimes they can be present in the documents too. The Microsoft user data folder can move around so delete any folder that has the name Microsoft which will be located in that account. After doing this no other accounts will be affected. This will help you in opening the Office 2011.

The solution worked. I followed all the steps that are mentioned out there. I started by creating a new account altogether and it is better option rather that deleting the Microsoft files that are present in that account. It becomes very tedious to locate the folder in the account and hence creating a new account will be a simpler option. I would suggest to follow this solution of someone faces with similar problem. Now my Word 2011 is working fine in this account as well in other two accounts.