Thread: Image editing software for windows 7

Image editing software for windows 7

I am looking for a good photo editing software I am using a windows 7 compatible Acer aspire laptop, this I purchased recently, and this working fine with all of its functions and features. Whereas I just complete my 12th standard, and now I am willing to get some knowledge on photo editing process, though I have the theoretical knowledge, and for the further practical knowledge I am looking for the software those are need for the photo editing, though I am not having such kind of Idea still now, so I am posting my question here. I hope I will get valued suggestion from here to made my selection. Any information will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Image editing software for windows 7

Paint.NET is an image editing software free. This software, running under any Windows version, it had its original aim of replacing the Paint program whose features were very limited. Its interface consists of a toolbar located at the top of the interface. This toolbar includes a fixed part providing access to basic software functions (print, zoom, copy, cut, paste, save, open, etc) and a variable whose content depends on the editing function being used in Paint.NET. The image editing features are arranged in floating toolbars placed (by default) at the ends of the interface. Tools are:

• History
    • Layers
    • Colors

Once installed on your computer, Paint.NET is directly ready for use. It requires no special configuration. At startup, the software will check if a new version is available and offer to download it if necessary. You can disable the automatic check for updates by visiting the Help menu, clicking on Search for updates and click on Options.

I recommend you to go for the Picasa photo editing tool application. This is especially designed for the beginners or for those wishing to edit their photos and manage them in an orderly fashion without spending too much time or money, and 'software that organizes the graphics files on your PC. Just launched, Picasa is act as a scan of the PC's hard drive looking for all the graphics files present. The files are sorted by album. You can rename files and albums from there, to mark the pictures with labels (tags) to group them into in a custom categories, password protect and much more. All are in a very intuitive interface. Picasa also allows you to edit photos. The options are many, with the features like cropping, red-eye correction, title, zoom, change brightness', contrast, effects such Filtered B & W, sepia, saturation and so on. Picasa also allows you to automate the backup of the images and create slideshows with integrated CD, to use the images as desktop wallpaper or create a screensaver, transform photos into a movie or to create web photo albums generating convention code.

Another online photo editing application that is named as Picnic, this is also use as an extension of Firefox browser. It has almost all the functions needed to make digital photos, and to adjust the brightness and contrast, saturation and color temperature and sharpness, plus the visual options like to rotate, and resize images etc. It also has a function to remove red-eye effect caused by flash, as well as a number of special effects such as converting to black and white or sepia, soften. And, being an online service, you do not need to download any software and can do everything from home by simply being connected to the network. So you go into action with this.

I suggest you to download and install photo shop express, though you are also using internet in your system, then by this you can edit photos as well as also access web sites. Not alien to the importance of communication on the Internet, Adobe is immersed in the social component of the Network, giving PS Express functions to share and show our pictures. To send your photos to friends and contacts, only have to select the image, press a button to indicate the recipient's email and add if you want to communicate, it also have a section of presentations (Slideshow) where you need to set your special way of presenting photos, transitions between images. To use this no need to install any software. A web browser is sufficient. The editing software Photoshop Express launches Internet Explorer or Firefox without any installation.

The first thing you have to take the decision, which program you want to work with. Many beginers with the simpler programs to increase later on with more other features. I recommend to start with programs like Paint Shop Pro. Paint Shop Pro provides all the important options that you need to design banners, avatars and wallpapers without having to be complex with the photo editing. Adobe Photoshop, which is very expensive, but offers everything your heart desires. Now you have but maybe from a friend an old version of Photoshop to get paid. I therefore agree with the whole thing now in Paint Shop Pro (PSP) and Photoshop (PS), since I work with these programs and having a very good experience with them, so go for this.

If you are looking for any some high definition software then go for this, to create a High Dynamic Range (HDR - High Dynamic Range) using three photographs of the same scene taken with different revelation settings, and how to process the HDR image to bring out details in highlights and in the shadows. HDR images enclose more detail in bright areas and dark areas in which normal images. However, due to the wide dynamic range, an HDR image is not properly represented on the monitor. With Photomatix, you can produce a HDR image so that it appears to be properly represented on screen and in print.

The creation of HDR images begins with the shooting of a scene with high dynamic range. Photomatix allows you to create pseudo-HDR image from a single RAW file, but the right way is obviously to start from multiple shots taken with different exposures.

The Gimp is free software graphic design par excellence. Comparing with paint shop pro and photoshop, GIMP offers many features that once mastered you will become indispensable. its interface is somewhat confusing but it actually proves very effective in adjusting your expectations. You can always keep your favorite tools. It help you take control of the Gimp and make some cool effects, gimp tutorial section presents simple and precise tutorials guiding you step by step through the use of gimp.