Thread: iTunes can't share music library for two iPhones

iTunes can't share music library for two iPhones

I have a Macbook Pro in which installed iTunes 10. There are 2 iPhones (iPhone 4G and3G). To avoid synchronization clashes I have formed 2 accounts on my PC both for iTunes as well as computer. My iphone 4G sync to the main account without any trouble. But for the second account theirs is a shared music library in iTunes 10. I attempt to pull music from the shared music collection toward the iPhone 3G however it won't walk off. I can choose the music, except when I pull it above the iPhone 3g, nothing will happen. Why so?

Re: iTunes can't share music library for two iPhones

I don’t think that you need to create different accounts for different iphone. You are able to syncronize multiple devices toward the similar iTunes library devoid of generating supplementary login accounts. iTunes will keep in mind every devices settings as well as content. I synchronize two iPhones, iPod Shuffle as well as a iPod Touch to the identical library without any issues. All have dissimilar content as well as settings.

If the address book and calendar sync in the two iphones on the same Mac account, it will be all the same for both iphones. Bear on both the same information. Do not know if this is your case, but I have two iPhones at home, mine and my wife. And one iMac with two accounts in the itunes works with a shared library (the same). And each separate iPhone synchronize calendar and schedule one to another account, sharing the library and selecting each of the playlists you want. The only thing you have to set it to sync iphone always every account of its owner.

For each user set up a separate user at operating system level. Every user automatically has its own library and thus its own songs, which are synchronized with the iPhone. Per user /iPhone playlist, and create an extra set iTunes to sync it with only one of these playlists. You can create a separate library for each iPhone. I would prefer this method because it has in my opinion the best balance between cost and flexibility. You create a separate library for each iPod and pick from the iTunes launch, which library to load.

Here is the best way to resolve your issue with multiple accounts.
    • Open iTunes in your computer
    • In the iTunes menu, select Preferences.
    • Then Click on Advanced.
    • Uncheck the option called “Copy files to iTunes folder when adding to Media Library." And click OK.
    • Go to Menu and pick Add File to Library. Note: To adjoin a directory of music, Windows users can moreover select Add Folder to Library.
    • In the window that displays, find the way to the spot where you saved the tune files of other user
    • Now Click on Open.
    • Repeat these steps intended for every one accounts that utilize the shared music.
    • When an additional PC user imports music from disc, do again steps 6 through 8 to include the music to that library.

By defaulting, the Windows edition of iTunes does not duplicate each and every one of the music added toward iTunes library inside the iTunes folder Media. You can duplicate all the music inside your library toward iTunes Music folder (if you encompass sufficient free room on your hard disk) by choosing the Consolidate Library from Advanced menu. You need to manually locate the folder and move it as you want.

I tried these steps, but iTunes will still not allow me to move music from my library into a second iPhone. Any other tips???

To share the music library, just open the iTunes preferences and from there you will have to turn on the library sharing. to do that, select check box for "Look for Shared Libraries" and "Share my library on local network" and in that select first radio button as "share entire library".