Thread: Menu, tool and address bar are gone

Menu, tool and address bar are gone

I am working on windows XP and internet explorer in my dell laptop. I was working on my laptop without any problem but recently I got problem related to Menu, tool and address bar. It is all of a sudden gone and while I attempt to open any folders on my PC. Then Menu, tool and address bar is not there. I do not make out why this occurs. Now anybody having thought how to get back Menu, tool and address bar then please advise me.

Re: Menu, tool and address bar are gone

In Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer is the complete toolbar, consisting of (back, forward) from the menu bar (File, Edit, View), the toolbar disappeared and the address bar. This relates to a false entry in the registry. Open the Registry (regedit Start> Run>) and find the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Toolbar. This information is helpful for you to get solve this issue.

In the subkey 'Web Browser' delete by right click-> Delete the entire entry 'ITBarLayout' and restart the computer. Windows stores this entry as a binary value of the layout of the tool bar for Internet Explorer. If the error still exists, the holes in the subkey 'Explorer' the value 'ITBarLayout'.
    The 3 subkey 'Toolbar' stand for:
    'Explorer' for the Windows Explorer
    'Shell Browser' for the workplace, network environment and other system folders
    'Web Browser' for Internet Explorer

In Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer menu bar, address bar and taskbar have disappeared. Only the toolbar (back, forward) is still present. They have switched to full-screen mode, either press the 'F11' or by selecting View-> Full Screen (the latter for only the Internet Explorer). In full screen mode, all frames and menus are gone, but the toolbar remains. It is the maximum display area. Back to normal view you can also access by pressing the 'F11'.

Just missing the menu bar (File, Edit) is available in Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer, then either the hidden file 'Browselc.dll' from the Windows \ System32 folder corrupted or missing altogether. To restore this file, proceed you have to Close all programs and insert the Windows XP installation CD into the CD / DVD drive. Start-> Run, type this command without a checkmark: 'Expand e: \ i386 \ browselc.dl_ C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ Browselc.dll'

From my opinion 'File' menu bar has disappeared can be solve. Missing in Internet Explorer in the menu bar, just 'file', should you delete an entry change in the registry or. Open the Registry (regedit Start> Run>) and find the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer. In the right pane, change the entry for 'NoFileMenu' from '1 'to '0' or delete the entry.

If you surf the Web, you inevitably take on deals on browser extensions such as toolbars, extra link buttons, etc. Also, some programs place buttons in your Internet Explorer. If you want to remove this add-ins, go the advanced tab in Internet Explorer, Press Tools and then Internet Options after that go to 'Enable third party browser extensions' in the window that opens, under 'Browsing' and uncheck it. 'OK' to complete the dialogue. After restarting the browser, the extensions are gone. You should see these extensions continue, then most likely any spyware on your system. Check the computer with Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy. The programs can be found on this website in tools.