Thread: Is it safe to make Skype video call?

Is it safe to make Skype video call?

Friends, I want to make use of the Skype video call but I want to ask one question to be asked. I want to ask that if it is safe that I am recording any video without having any direct link from my computer to any other computer. If I talk about the internet then there is nothing on internet that is safe because there is always CIA official monitoring for the internet traffic or there may be something ridiculous similar to that. I am new to Skype so please tell me your opinion regarding this. Please reply on this. Thank you.

Re: Is it safe to make Skype video call?

The way you trust on the other available messenger then in the similar way you can trust on the Skype also. Anyway, there is always a risk on the internet as you told but there is no other way that can make you 100 percent sure. So you can record anything with Skype and with the confidence and having the trust on the Skype. They have provided their best to make the call safer and we I have trust on then. So it is surly safe to make the Skype video call. I hope that there should be some of the other replies regarding this.

I asked t5he same things to some of my friends and they told me to make use of IMCapture for skype and that will help you for saving video calls. I think that this is the best program to do that. If you are concerned then you can try this and this will surely going to help you. IMCapture designed for Skype (before SkypeCap) captures as well as records audio and video calls completed as of Skype. Recorded audio calls are stored the same as MP3, WMA otherwise AAC files as well as video calls like Quicktime Movies (MOV), MPEG4, MPEG, VOB, PSP MPEG4, SWF as well as FLV. Calls are able to be repeat, shared, archived, and studied. IMCapture intended for Skype is precious for business, a sensible tool designed for everyday and extremely simple to employ. Get a free test version of IMCapture meant for Skype.

I would like to tell you that Skype is making use of AES that is called Advanced Encryption Standard. This is also known as Rijndael. This is as well used by the U.S. Government organizations to defend susceptible information to be theft. Skype is making use of 256-bit encryption that is having overall of 1.1 x 1077 probable keys, in order to vigorously encrypt data in every Skype call otherwise instant message. Skype is using 1024 bit RSA to talk symmetric AES keys. User public keys are specialized through the Skype server on login with 1536 otherwise 2048-bit RSA certificates.

If you are very security-conscious then I would like to tell you that you will have to think twice regarding using the Skype. But if you are only making use of that for just staying in touch with family and friends then there is no harm to use it and you can make use of that without any issue. So, in short I cannot say that it is 100 % secure to use it. It is up to you that how do you want to use that and for what purpose.