Thread: Is it possible to make a screencast using VLC

Is it possible to make a screencast using VLC

I am using VLC from last couple of weeks and it is really serving me the best. Now the thing here is that I am having a query which is disturbing from a long time that whether it is possible to take a screen shot though VLC media player or is there any way that will help me to capture the screen or desktop activity on windows 7 through VLC. Have anyone tried doing the same thing of just recording the video on screen that is capturing the video of screen activity if yes then please let me know how to do the same.

Re: Is it possible to make a screencast using VLC

If you will ask me then it is definitely possible to capture a onscreen video with the help of the VLC media player so what you have to do in this case is that just use the media streaming. Open the VLC media player and then in that you have to click on media and then on the streaming option there you have to select the Screen option which is available and set the capture mode to desktop and press the stream button and then press the next button and then again stream. This will stream the activity of your desktop. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue and then

I guess it is possible with the latest version of the VLC media player so you have to check whether you are installed the VLC is of the latest version and will give you the same performance. I am sure that once you will install the latest VLC media player on your system then you will definitely able to stream the video and then can make the screen shot that want. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue that you are face.

Well I want you to install the third party application on your system that will allow you to capture the video and then you can save the same. And if this is the case then I will suggest you to install the cam studio on your system and the see how it goes. CamStudio records in AVI format what's happening on screen. The user can choose to record only the activity of a selected area or that of the entire Windows screen. The choice of AVI format is done by selecting one of the "codecs" installed and the sound recording is also possible, again through the codecs installed. It is also possible to save in Flash format.

I want you to install the CyberLink PowerDirector that will definitely allow you to solve the issue. With PowerDirector, CyberLink offers a program that covers all phases of video production with a real effort to make them accessible to many. Served with a GUI rather successful, PowerDirector offers 4 main functions: capture (from a disc or a camcorder), publishing, production (encoding), and burning discs. Many effects, transitions and graphics are provided to enhance your videos. You can also share and retrieve other items on the dedicated website of the publisher, DirectorZone . However catalog soundtracks "Smart Sound" is disappointing: it must be purchased online selected tracks to use them. Thankfully, Power Director also offers a connection to the database free Freesound . Main advantage of the software wizard "Movie Magic" is automatically creates a movie with effects and transitions from the elements you give bulk. With the same ease of use, "Clean Magic" cleans your video, "Magic Fix" catch up your missed shots.