Thread: fails to create Backup Image on DVD-R in windows 7

fails to create Backup Image on DVD-R in windows 7

I’ve a acer laptop and I’m using a windows 7 operating system in it. I want to create a system image with backup utility of windows 7, but I face a problem when I insert a DVD-R in dvd drive. When I’m using dvd-rw it works good. I got a following message to insert a blank dvd:
    The dvd will be formatted and on screen : waiting for media..
    : preparing media..
    Appears and again it prompt to insert a blank dvd. I don’t understand what to do. Please give me some suggestion on this. Please provide me some solution to this problem. Please help me.

Re: fails to create Backup Image on DVD-R in windows 7

I think you are using a wrong format while formatting a disc. You need to run trouble shooter for dvd burning related issue. I think you are not familiar with a procedure of formatting and burning a cd. You can search on internet on this issue. You’ll find the complete procedure of burning and formatting a cd/dvd. You only need to write your issue in the search engine. You’ll get many sites which provide you the solution to this, you’ll also get the complete solution with step by step procedure.

I think some files are gone missing or corrupted therefore you’re causing this issue. You need to run SFC i.e.. system file checker, it will check all your system file, it will check for any file is not corrupted or damaged. For doing this you have to follow some steps: -
    - click start -> all program -> accessories -> right click the command prompt -> select run as administrator.
    - Click on continue, if prompted then provide administrator credential.
    - In the command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter. After this your system will start for scanning, it will take some time.
    - After the completion of scanning check that you’re getting that problem again or not.

There may be possibility of some file corruption in your system and therefore you’re getting a problem. File gets corrupted for many reason, may be some virus has been entered in your system and it has infected your system and your files have got corrupted. Try to scan your system with good antivirus software, if any virus found then remove it, if you don’t find any virus then I think you need to run a bootable cd, which will repair your system file. Try it hope it works for you.