Thread: Print and open command disappears by selecting more than 15 files at a time in windows 7

Print and open command disappears by selecting more than 15 files at a time in windows 7

I have noticed this strange thing I my windows 7. Well what I have noticed is that whenever i am trying to open more than 15 files by selecting them at a time then I cannot get the open and also the print command under the file menu. This is really very boring. I think the developers must do something about this. Since I have a very good operating system and also my system has a very good speed. I have a lot of work revolving around the text files and other stuff. So I want many files to be opened at one time. So one day when i selected more than 15 files at a time and when I tried opening them I did not find the open command in the file menu. So what can be the possibility here. Do you have any idea regarding this particular problem then do let me know.

Re: Print and open command disappears by selecting more than 15 files at a time in windows 7

I think it all depends on the program that you are using to open the particular file. So I would advice you to have another look a the particular program that you are using while opening the file. There must be certain limitations of the program such that when you are trying to open the so many files then it is not allowing you to do so. So there is nothing much to worry about the matter. Do try with some different programs that can do your particular task with ease. Its not the problem with the windows 7. So stop worrying about the matter.

Re: Print and open command disappears by selecting more than 15 files at a time in windows 7

I think so it’s the limitations of the windows 7 operating system that you are using. Well I have a windows xp operating system and I can open more than 15 files at a time. So I don’t think so the problem is due to the different programs that you are using. I think so a windows 7 has some defects with the working. The same problem was being faced by one of my friends. I think so switching to the xp operating system is a much better option according to me. So do consider this suggestion it will definitely help you.

I think so you must do some changes In the registry in order to get the result. So first you have to do some changes in the registry which I am going to list down below.
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    After going there you will have to change the range from the default 15 that is given. You will have to specify it as from 1-16. 16 will mean as unlimited range. So just try with this method it will definitely help you.

Hey thanks for the above solution. Well even I got to know that this problem was due to the windows 7 operating system. so I followed the advice and I changed the range from 15 to 1-16. I noticed that I could not print more than 16 documents there. I thought of increasing the number level for once and I got the necessary solution there. I increased the number value to around 50 and I was able to open and print around 17 documents at a time. So I got the necessary solution there. However next time I will try to open more than 17 documents at a time and accordingly will see the changes. Anyways thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions that you have given.