Thread: When click on a doc file gives message in preview pane "no preview available"

When click on a doc file gives message in preview pane "no preview available"

I do not make out why this take place, however for several reasons at whatever time I single click on a file the preview pane is no longer produce a preview of the file. For files which a preview cannot be produced it still offers me the "no preview available" error message, however for files with a preview be supposed to be present the preview pane presently goes vacant. The most general files I make use of the preview pane are for .txt, .doc, .wmv, plus further image files. Weirdly sufficient, images at a standstill demonstrate in the pane, however I have had no chance with further files. My default application for videos is still WMP 11 and my default .txt program is WordPad [I make use of Word for .doc]. Is there a means to just reset this characteristic?

Re: When click on a doc file gives message in preview pane "no preview available"

In order to troubleshoot the problem better, please give more information. I would like to know that how long you have been facing this trouble. Have you in recent times installed or uninstalled any software or else hardware? What edition of Microsoft Office are you making use of? The preview handler of Microsoft office 2003 is not compatible through Windows 7. I would as well recommend you to make a new user account as well as make sure if the problem is resolved.

Re: When click on a doc file gives message in preview pane "no preview available"

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I am making use of Microsoft Office 2003, and I note down what you state regarding office 2003 preview handlers being incompatible through Windows 7. At what time I bought the PC it had a trial edition of Microsoft office 2007, which I removed as well as installed my copy of Microsoft office 2003. It might have been that I was previewing files by means of Microsoft Office 2007 handlers previous to removing it, after that finding 2003 would not demonstrate the previews. Do you be familiar with of any work-abounds? Are there any third party handlers for Microsoft Office 2003 files?

I also have the similar trouble. I have Windows 7 Home premium on a 64 bit machine. By the way, it was functioning and in recent times stops functioning. Microsoft Office 2007, Windows 7 Home premium, it will not show .doc files amongst others. However it WILL show a number of .xls files as well as some .xlsm files. On the other hand, there is no means to be familiar with whether it will show any file. I have attempted relatively a amount of files. The display just works on a few and be unsuccessful on the rest. Incidentally, the stoppage is not the huge majority of my office files. Thanks for any suggestion regarding to this issue!