Thread: How to Change Details in File Properties

How to Change Details in File Properties

I have installed Windows 7 few weeks ago on my computer system and have got it running successfully without any errors. I like watching movies and so I frequently use the Windows Media Center and it is pretty cool as well, the ony problem that I have got is that all the movies that are stored on my hard drive are with .avi file extension and when I try to view them on my library , I get the file name listed in the "Details" section of the file property, rather than the name of the file displaying. That is Death Race 2.avi gets listed as "TOP015" in windows media center. So is there any ways to change the file properties in the detail section so as to get the full name of the movie file in the library.

Re: How to Change Details in File Properties

Try reinstating the same Windows Media Center again so that it can help you to directly get the name of the file that you have used to save the file in your hard disk to the library as well. The new version of the Windows Media Center has this capability in it where in the application directly helps us to get the name of the movie file on the files that you have created to make the library. So go on and install the new version of the software so that it can help you out recognizing the file.

I have got the steps that are required to change the name of the movie file in the Windows Media Center
    Fi
    • rst Right click on the file that you want to rename.
    • Then Click properties
    • Go to Details tab
    • Finally Edit the details that you want .

After you have done Click Apply and then OK

Hey guys thanks for the instant reply but I have found that I am not able to edit the details of the file through the commands that have been specified in the second post, I have gone through the steps but the modification cannot be save. Whenever I click on the Apply button the Windows Media Center gives me an error saying that Windows cannot save the file. So guys can now will you be able to help me to know what is the problem and how should be it get solved.

I think that you will able to edit this on other programs that are able to run all the movie file like Windows Media player. I think that this kind of editing function of the file name is not valid in Windows Media Center and you will not be able to do it using this application. So if you really want the name of the full movie file then I would recommend you to use the other type of Windows movie player that will help you in viewing the movie.