Thread: IDM is not working with windows Vista

IDM is not working with windows Vista

I am having an Acer aspire laptop, which is compatible with windows vista ultimate OS. The laptop is specified with Intel dual core processor, 3GB ram, 456 GB hard drive, along with NVIDIA graphical interface. I usually access internet in my machine along with this also some times to plays some of high definition games. The problem with the machine is that, when I am willing to download any application from internet, and for this if I open IDM download manager, it for first few minute will freezes after launch the download manager. After that if I add any download URL inside the download like this not downloaded this one, also there is no error message appears for this problem. I can understand what should be the cause of this issue? Is there anyone having any information regarding this?

Re: IDM is not working with windows Vista

According to me think the problem should be for the download manager, so I would like to recommend you to reload the download manager application program in your machine. For that first remove the earlier version and then also remove other files, of the download manager, those are collaborate with your windows version. Along with that, do you know that Internet download manager is not a freeware, you need to but the application from the developer official web site. If you are using the trial version, then I think the problem that you mentioned might be occurred, may be the trial period is completes.

I think the download that you are inserting into the URL path, is might not be trusted or may be there is no download path. Because in my machine, where I was using Download accelerator plus download manager, though whenever I tried to insert some of the video download links into the URL path, it simply stopped the download process, I thought that, the problem might be for the internet connection, and then I download and install this one, and the same problem happen also over there. I then simply contact with your service provider, and know that the download links are present in those download URL.

I recommend you go for another download manager; this might be helping you to overcome from the download problem that you mentioned in your post. The download manager that you are using, is not a freeware, so for that I suggest you to download and install Free download manager from the official web site, this is freeware, there is no trail period for using the application program. I hope if there is any problem with the download manager application, then by replaces the application with FDM, you will be able to download any content. Try with this.