Thread: What is the use of Diaspora software

What is the use of Diaspora software

Hey friends I need quick help from your side. Actually I want a kind of information on to the Diaspora software. Actually I have to use it but unable to get idea that how to do this. And after searching about it whatever information I get related to this it is not much sufficient to clear my doubt related to this. So if you guys know how to us this so please explains me over here. I will be thankful for this.

Re: What is the use of Diaspora software

Who does not yet know about diaspora, it is often called as an anti-Facebook: Diaspora is to built a distributed social network that offers an alternative to the centralized service Facebook. One advantage is to be the safety of their own data and full control of their data. The software is open source and is currently busy developing. Right now, diaspora is still being tested, it works quite well in my experience, no great change of Facebook. There is still much to do, but you can already start to build their networks. This goes especially well with the management of contacts, which can be divided into groups. There, I said no central server, no central Diaspora, everyone can put own theory on server. However, contacts with each other from any Diaspora server to each other, I have already tested to work successfully, without any problems.

You will probably have to wait. Facebook have the advantage that there are many registered and therefore the number of hits when searching for a specific person is quite high - you do not have that advantage here. Also sounds like the fact that you can log on to different servers a bit complicated. If a project does not contain a single domain, I do not see any big changes. Also install anything extra that you need locally, the whole complicated and therefore restricts the range of users. So far, that seems to me that is not necessarily for great success.

Frankly, it sounds really good, but I agree with the previous comment that it will not be enforced with more than one domain, even the required know-how simply restrict the range of users. So it sounds interesting, but I do not think that it will prevail. Why should people go even when the group of over Facebook complains?

Why do all have a problem with facebook? If I log in, I hereby give my data which will be recorded and published. If my buddies are so smart and facebook allow to access their e-mail mailbox, then this is for me a problem. I use my e-mail address but not just on facebook, right? So if you guys have solution for ,y query so just post it over here I will be thankful for this.

Diaspora is not really complicated, it is even easier and clearer than, say, Facebook. Right now it's just still in the alpha test phase, it is more and more are being developed and will be added. Perhaps I have misunderstood something expressed, one has to install anything on their computer to use Diaspora, simply sign up online (like Facebook), that's it. Everyone can and should indeed open his own diaspora server, but that is not absolutely necessary in order to use diaspora can.

The only problem I have is that it is in Ruby. Although this is becoming more popular, but the performance is not particularly at such huge networks so hot. After all, is there in the new version of a halfway decent performance set. Moreover, diaspora was just very pushed by the constant clinch with Facebook and data protection and this is the best thing for a social network. Otherwise would be lost and only what has become for nerds, but it has a real chance. The only good thing about Facebook is that they rely on Hardtop and have dropped off with the open source community even buy something.