Thread: Internet explorer 8 64 bit cannot save pdf files from website

Internet explorer 8 64 bit cannot save pdf files from website

I am using internet explorer 8 in my system. I have a problem with the saving of the pdf file in it. So that’s why I thought I would share this problem with you. Whenever I want to save pdf file in my system it gets saved but I cannot find in the system. I have tried searching everywhere still I cannot get the particular file. So I decided to again save the particular file. On doing that it shows that particular file exist. How can this be possible? It is giving me the same problem on renaming the particular file. Now I am not able to guess the solution for this problem. It would be better if you can add your valuable inputs here. Waiting for your replies.

Re: Internet explorer 8 64 bit cannot save pdf files from website

I would advice you to check for the locations that you are trying to save. You can try saving some different file in the different location and see if you are able to successfully locate it. Still if you cannot then do try changing the user profile that you are using. There may be a possibility that you are using a corrupted user profile. So do have a check for that also. How to change the user profile can be easily given In any of the Microsoft websites, you can go and have a look there.

According to me there is some problem with the source of the pdf file. I think you must be using the adobe reader to open the pdf file. So I think you must have a look at the adobe reader software and check if there is any problem in the working of the software. If possible do a re installation of the software and then try saving that particular pdf file in your system. I think adobe may not be getting recognized by the system. So that’s why whatever file you are saving in the adobe is going unnoticed or you cannot find it. I hope this suggestion help you.

Even I am of the opinion that there is some problem with the adobe reader that you are using to open the pdf file. Do try this below methods it will help you.
    1) First you will have to terminate the process of internet explorer in the system.
    2) After that go o the adobe reader and go to the edit option and select the preference, after that select internet and you will get the option of Display PDF in browser do uncheck that option if it is checked.
    3) After that if you are having the updates then do a update of the adobe reader.
    4) You can also go to the help option and use the repair option.
    I hope this necessary information was useful to you.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given. Well let me tell you that I have solved my issue. I did the necessary update for the adobe reader and that’s it. My issue is solved. Well I was thinking that it can be any bug issue in my system. Since the file was not being detected. After the update everything is solved. Now I am successfully able to save and open the pdf file in my system. So thanks a lot for the efforts that you have given to solve my issue.