Thread: Unable to install Office 2010 RTM due to "upgrading from a prerelease version"

Unable to install Office 2010 RTM due to "upgrading from a prerelease version"

Hello everybody I need you help to solve one problem. Last night when I am trying to install Microsoft office RTM it gives me an error I tried two- three times but not luck. Is this problem occurred due to trying to upgrade from a pre released version. I need your opinions as soon as possible. I have to solve this problem before day after tomorrow.

Re: Unable to install Office 2010 RTM due to "upgrading from a prerelease version"

I thought we first need to try total removal of office programs from your machine. After than installing ms 2010 again
    Walk off with control panel and click on Programs and features. Then after set the office program and uninstall it. After that make an attempt to uninstall office 2010 manually. You just need to follow some steps.
    • Early install the clean up service of windows installer
    • get rid of ms office.
    • Then open left side’s registry tree and turn following sub keys:-

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office

• Right click and clear those one.

• After that search program files folder with the help of internet explorer
    • Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the "C:\Program Files" folder

• Change its name from “Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD" if it is already exists.

• Go to Search box and write "Temp" after that press Enter.

• Clear the Temp folder, Recycle Bin and at this time try to install ms 2010 following re-starting your computer.

Re: Unable to install Office 2010 RTM due to "upgrading from a prerelease version"

It was a nice option that is complete removal of your office but at same point if you want to keep all your .pst files than I suggest you to take duplicate data. I know the location where. pst files are kept on windows seven.

• C:\Users\<UserAccount Name>\Documents\Outlook Files

You can also get to it by Data Files by option available in Outlook Account.

I suggest you to removal of entire ms office 2010. Along with it if possible also remove all the products that associated with Microsoft. If still you not gain a success to install it. Reboot it to almost four to five times and then after try the same thing. This solution is work for my friends I hope this will work for you. If this didn’t work for then I don’t think so I am libel to give you more tips related to this one. I suggest you to make a call to any person you have more knowledge regarding this one and took his advice to cure your problem. And don’t forget to tell me about solution that he said to you.

Your question doesn’t clarify me about your problem exactly. It unable to give me hints which program I should remove to diagnose your problem. First of all I like to tell you to remove all your ADD-ins for example says Outlook’s connector and all that. Restart your pa and to install it again. And if you are still unable to resolve this issue then directly jump to last step that remove all your Microsoft products that you installed on your machine. After cleaning all those files try to put fresh copy of Microsoft office into your machine again. This is final step where there is a some chance to solve your problem