Thread: How to Password Protect and Lock Folder in Windows 7

How to Password Protect and Lock Folder in Windows 7

I will like to be familiar with if it is likely on the way to add password safety to a folder produced in Windows 7. I recognize that you be able to set up dissimilar user accounts or else obtain into settings on a shared network, however that is not my circumstances. I normally allow friends as well as other family associate just make use of my laptop without going to the problem of invention a new user account. I will also like to make a folder in which I am able to place documents through passwords lists, account numbers plus further sensitive information. Is it likely on the way to simply set a password for a single folder?

Re: How to Password Protect and Lock Folder in Windows 7

It is not probable to purposely place a password on a folder as well as making use of somewhat similar to folder encryption will not be of use to you whichever given each and every one of your family use the similar account. The use of dissimilar accounts that will be intelligent you can see at some of the solution existing out there for example PGP, etc. You can furthermore believe password shielding the real files, as a result your password file such as, if it is inside Microsoft Word, insert a password there.

Like Microsoft Windows XP as well as Windows Vista does Windows 7 folder security not take place all the way through passwords however somewhat user authentication, that usually requires a password on the way to logon to a Windows system. There are a number of workaround counting third-party application for example WinRAR or else WinZip that allow you to compress and password shield a folder.

If you do not desire to expend money for folder password security presented by the third-party application, furthermore if you neither mean to buy nor advance to the Windows 7 flagship version after that you may possibly to make sure out True Crypt, a dominant free encryption suite. The present edition of True Crypt does not up till now formally support Windows 7, however I estimate that will alter in the close to prospect as Microsoft has presently declare the Windows 7 RTM.