Thread: How to get rid of compiz in Linux

How to get rid of compiz in Linux

I have a compiz application installed in my Linux operating system and I just want to remove it as I am really fed up of its working system. I am thinking of completely removing it from my system but I don’t have any idea how to completely remove it. I want to delete everything related to it. Such that I don’t get anything related to the compiz in my computer. So anyone of you having any idea regarding this topic then do let me know.

Re: How to get rid of compiz in Linux

According to me you must search for all the programs that are associated with the compiz that will give you list of all the programs that are coming under the compiz. Then once you have got all the files then you can simply remove it from the system by permanently deleting it. This is what you can do. Other method would be going to the packages and deleting all the packages from there. This will also help. So you can go with any of the method.

If you ask me I would advise you to stop the service of the particular program that is running in the background. This will help instead of manually deleting all the files in the background. That will be time consuming as well as you will not be sure of what file to delete and what not to delete. So somewhere the particular compiz application will be running in your system. So it is definitely advisable to stop the service. I hope this suggestion will help you.

Hey thanks for the solutions that you have given. Well I read all the solutions but in some solution it is specified to terminate the service. Well I don’t want that to happen because I want the particular application out of my system. So I want it to totally remove it out of the system. I read about deleting it from the package manager. I found it to be interesting. So it would be better if you could elaborate more on that topic.

Well yes I can definitely help you on this. What you have to so is
    1) Go to the package manager.
    2) Then you have to type compiz in the search box that is given there.
    3) After all the results that have come then what you have to do is click on the check box which is next to the compiz option.
    4) After having done that click for the complete removal of the files and then click on apply.
    5) This will do the necessary changes.
    So hope you have got the necessary solution.