Thread: Questions regarding Update Manager

Questions regarding Update Manager

Friends, I have did the complete installation of the Linux mint on my computer and having some question to ask about the Update Manager that is confusing me. My first question is that why it is saying that the Internet Check: google.com in the Update Method. I installed the update for that and it shows me the box that shows "changes applied". I closed that box then the Update Manager closes completely. Tell me that how can I make them visible again. If you have any idea about this then please tell me that.

Re: Questions regarding Update Manager

I have the answer for the first question of yours. I would like to tell you that the Update Manager examines your connection against google.com. In the place of the google.com you can also make use of any other address as well. But normally people use the google.com because it is for all time up as well as running. So you need not to be worry about this because because it is for all the users and not only for you. So don’t consider that as an issue.

You can try to make use of the mintUpdate that is an Update Manager tool intended to restore the update-manager package that comes with the the Linux Mint distribution. They made a very contentious conclusion when they released the Linux Mint 3.1. They determined to take away the Ubuntu update manager with a group of people condemn them to do that. As it turns out that it was one of the most excellent choices that they ever prepared. MintUpdate approaches on correct time intended for liberate of Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna and because then it frequently acquire updated to turn out to be one of the finest update managers.

As you told that the update manager box gets closed automatically so you can open that from the program list. Just go to the installed programs list and it must be listed there as installed program. Double click on that and this will open the update manager again and you can make use of that. If you use that frequently then you can make a shortcut of that on the place where you want it to be and you will be able to open that anytime you want.

If you are getting any issue with that then there may be possibility that the installation of that may be corrupted and so it is showing you the issues like this and so you need to install that again. So first uninstall that completely from the system and install that again. Re-installing will create all the new files again for your update manager and all the issues that you are getting with that will be resolved. This is the simplest way to resolve the issue. I do the same if I get any problem with any of the application on my system and this definitely solves the issue for me.