Thread: how to unlock Bios of ACER 4736 Z

how to unlock Bios of ACER 4736 Z

I’ve brought a new acer 4736Z laptop and unfortunately my BIOS has been locked I don’t know why this happens. I’ve entered a right password but then also o’m unable to open my BIOS setup. I don’t know how to resolve this issue. This has never happen with me before, I don’t have any experienced of this kind of problem. Please help me and suggest me some steps to resolve this issue. Please provide me the solution of this problem, any help will be appreciated.

Re: how to unlock Bios of ACER 4736 Z

You have forgot the password of your BIOS and now it is not easy to recover your BIOS password, because it is difficult for you to prove that you are the actual owner of a system. You’ll need to create a recovery cd then boot from it. The system will guide you with instructions for using the recovery system, restoring your laptop to factory default. You can also find a recovery software from internet. It will find your lost data, but for BIOS password I’m not sure is any software available on the internet or not. You can check it online.

Don’t worry you can find your BIOS password easily, you have to follow some steps for that:
    Turn on your laptop and you will see the BIOS password box, now press enter three times. Your system will disabled and your laptop display a 5 number code. You have to send that 5 number code to acer website, they have a master code for your laptop. You just have to use a removal service and write the code in below given form. If this works for you, great!!. If not, then visit to a service center they will solve your problem in better way.

If you have forgot the password of your BIOS system, then I think you can get it from password recovery but not sure. I’ve never heard about BIOS password recovery software but you try to find out. If you can’t get the password recovery software then try to install a new BIOS, well, I don’t know how to install it but you can find on internet. If this does’nt work for you then you can go to acer website they have a master BIOS password for every model . you have to give them a code of your BIOS which come after entering a 3 time in a password box. After that they will send you the master password and you can unlock your BIOS then.

xunliess Guest

I know some methods to reset bios password.

1. The best and easiest method: Close OS and shut down the electricity power of computer. Open your computer box, take out the cmos battery from the mainboard. Then the bios password will be reset to blank. Put it back after a few minutes.

2. Follow some tutorials. For example the tutorials:
    Bypass BIOS Password or Crack CMOS Password?

Top 3 methods to crack bios password!

bios password recovery tool, but that is not free!

So I would suggest you the 1st method. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Kunal; 11-01-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed