Thread: How to uninstall Dropbox

How to uninstall Dropbox

Here my base problem is, Dropbox does not work. The majority of us knows that and downloads the .deb enclose from the Dropbox homepage. Now, one time installed, synaptic and software manager disregard it and clearly it is not exposed as installed. Here my query is: how do you uninstall Dropbox from the system? Newbie query maybe but the respond escapes me. I have not at all downloaded packages that are not suggested straight from sites, all the time utilized the conservative way.

Re: How to uninstall Dropbox

Downloading a file does not setup it, to perform that you have to twice click the downloaded file that should unlock with the GDebi package installer where you have to get on Install. One time it is installed it will seem in synaptic and software manager, if you have setup packages marked below View. In addition to setting up the package from Dropbox, you should also install Linux mint Dropbox.

Dropbox from the Dropbox site does not setup on Debian, because of dissimilar addictions. Linux Mint is depends on Ubuntu, and there is a functioning package for Ubuntu, but LMDE is Debian, and there is no Debian package. You necessitate compiling it physically. I get this from Dropbox helpdesk, and it effected for me on LMDE. You require moreover containing the .tar.gz file in your home index, or altering the fourth line to comprise the complete path to it. If you did an accurate setup of a .deb file, you should be able to sprint sudo apt-get eliminate clean Dropbox to uninstall it. If that does not effort, you did not setup it properly. If it was installed wrongly, and it maybe was if you are utilizing LMDE, then you can sprint "sudo apt-get -f install" to eliminate the busted packages.

Apt-cache policy Dropbox

Dropbox:
    Installed: 1.0.1
    Version table:
    *** 1.0.1 0
    800 / debian/main i386 Packages
    200 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Code:
    apt-cache show dropbox
    Package: Dropbox
    Version: 1.0.1
    Architecture: all
    Maintainer: Clement Lefebvre
    Installed-Size: 35
    Depends: nautilus-Dropbox
    Priority: elective
    Section: administrator
    Filename: pool/main/d/Dropbox/dropbox_1.0.1_all.deb
    Size: 1470
    SHA1: 98cc0b68e4323f90a529b857030c581e4cccd2c9
    MD5sum: 120bcb38ba090dc836ccc7737478545c

Description: Simply split and sync files across PCs and mobile devices with gratis space online. Place your files into your Dropbox on single PC, and they will be right away obtainable on any of your other PCs which as well have Dropbox installed. Because duplicates of your files are amassed on Dropbox protected servers, you can as well access them from any PC or mobile device utilizing the Dropbox website.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install dropbox
    This place an icon in Mint menu, one time clicked a dialog box told me to download the proprietary daemon. I saw there was no catalog for Debian, so I pursued the install from CLI directions on Dropbox.

I had a same trouble. Attempted to setup Dropbox from the Software Manager, and it was like not anything occurred. So, I after that attempted downloading the .deb file from Dropbox website, but it unsuccessful, because of somewhat that was distorted on my system during my primary failed install try. At that point, I was not capable to even uninstall it or reinstall it. Both would not succeed. It after that take place to me to attempt uninstalling utilizing the Synaptic Software Manager rather than the Software Manager. Uninstall effected and I was after that able to setup Dropbox utilizing the downloaded file. Hope that assists.