Thread: .eml files are unable to open with Windows Live Mail

.eml files are unable to open with Windows Live Mail

I want to know that why Windows Live Mail unable to open saved emails (.eml files). Windows live mail also will not open .eml attachments in emails which I have received. I have not an issue with opening other attachments like videos, pdf's or PPT files. This problem does not getting in Windows XP only on my Windows 7 computer. Third party email clients able to open these files, why not Windows Live Mail? Microsoft Outlook Express never had this problem but since Outlook Express is no longer accessible I am forced to using Mozilla Thunderbird or sending the mail to my old windows XP computer so I can see it there. So if anyone has solution so please help.

Re: .eml files are unable to open with Windows Live Mail

I think the problem you are facing may be occurring because the program may be corrupted or may not be correctly installed. To fix this problem, you require doing a clean removal process, which totally removed Windows Live Mail from the computer. Different from the common reinstallation, this process needs removing certain entries from your registry. This process will repair some installation issues and additional problems.

I don’t have the best solution. But I can give you hint about this issue. I think this about has to be a registry problem, after shifting to the windows 7 because you decide to go with Microsoft as email solution on the latest, best operating system ever. But it contents main registry is of previous operating system which is Windows XP so I think you need to reinstall that older operating system for solving this issue or you can take help of inbuilt utility of windows 7 for solving this.

I am also using windows 7 so I can tell you a way to solve your problem .first you need to right click on email, then select open with option, then click on default programs and browse by this you will get windows explorer. then Proceed to your x86 program files search for windows live open this and you select mail open this and search wlmail program. Add this into your default programs and build this as a default. I am hoping that it will solve your problem.

lmna_360 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hache hi View Post
    I want to know that why Windows Live Mail unable to open saved emails (.eml files). Windows live mail also will not open .eml attachments in emails which I have received. I have not an issue with opening other attachments like videos, pdf's or PPT files. This problem does not getting in Windows XP only on my Windows 7 computer. Third party email clients able to open these files, why not Windows Live Mail? Microsoft Outlook Express never had this problem but since Outlook Express is no longer accessible I am forced to using Mozilla Thunderbird or sending the mail to my old windows XP computer so I can see it there. So if anyone has solution so please help.
    I solved this problem by downloading PST Viewer Pro
    Last edited by Harson.P; 24-09-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: External link removed