Thread: Gigabyte DES2 hangs Windows

Gigabyte DES2 hangs Windows

I have this motherboard from Gigabyte and in addition to this I have the DES (Dynamic Energy Saver) 2 installed here. I have seen that whenever I try a reboot on the system it simply hangs there. Actually I had configured this thing in the advance mode and I have found myself in the trouble thereafter. I have seen that after the system boots up a BLACK screen can be observed on the Desktop Screen. Please let me know if there is any solution in the case here.

Re: Gigabyte DES2 hangs Windows

You have mentioned that you have installed the Dynamic Energy Saver 2 and let me tell you that I have seen most of the users complaining about this and was observed to have the similar symptoms. Well in his case the Motherboard was of some other model but the same one from Gigabyte. Well he had mentioned that he was able to get out of the issue when he uninstalled the DES2 and hence I would also like to make the same suggestion here and see if you can also get rid of the things in this manner. It is always advisable that you just uninstall the things that are creating issues for you.

Observed the same issue here and hence would like to tell that it will be simply great if you can have it uninstalled and then see if you can make some change in the configuration and see if this can be working in your case there. You have mentioned that you had configured Dynamic Energy Saver 2 in the Advanced mode and hence if you want you can try some other mode here. Also on the other hand it will be wise if you can see if Dynamic Energy Saver 1 can be working in the proper manner here. Hope that you must have like the suggestions here.

I have DES here in my case but let me tell you that I do not have the motherboard from the Gigabyte but I have the one from the ASUS and let me tell you that it is simply working great on it and has not yet come out with any of the issue. Well I have also searched all over the internet and have found that the issues of DES2 has been most prominent with motherboards from Gigabyte. So if you want to make use of this thing here then you will be required to switch to some other motherboard and if not that then you will have to stop using this application so that you can enjoy you work on your system.

I think that I will have to agree to what has been said above and it really seems that it is true there. I have also seen the issue with Gigabyte Motherboard and on the other hand from the non-Gigabyte motherboard users I have seen that they have really enjoyed this software there. They have said that DES2 is entirety a power saving technology. With DES2 power for the memory, GPU and HDD can be diminished. Some of them after seeing its Monitor Capabilities have declared it as Monitor. So I am really of the opinion that there is some issue with the Motherboard and the DES2.

After looking at all the cases that have been mentioned above even I think that it will be great if you can just uninstall this. Actually the free applications like this if possible must be always uninstalled and if it has some of the effect on the sensitive parts of the system like Motherboard or Antivirus it should be seriously avoided. Also in most of the cases of the Free programs mostly they do not work with Motherboard. So, avoiding them is simply the best thing that can be done here. Please do this at the earliest and let me get notified about the same after this.