Thread: Problem while downloading Music from Nokia Ovi

Problem while downloading Music from Nokia Ovi

I am having a Nokia X6 mobile phone and I have installed the Nokia ovi suite on my windows machine. Everything was working fine till I tried to download some music from Ovi suite. Actually it first prompted me to download the OVI Music Downloader so downloaded it. When I am browsing to an Ovi website then my browser prompted for setting up the download client, By mistake I chosen for default download manager where I guess need to check for OVI downloader. I am facing following two problems.

1) Now when I am downloading music from Ovi.com then default download manager opens and download does not occurs. My default download manager is Flashget.

2) Even accessing the website from the Nokia Ovi suite is not working as it shows error "This isn't your registered Ovi Music Unlimited PC" and "You can change your registered PC or mobile device every 90 days."

Re: Problem while downloading Music from Nokia Ovi

I think as you have selected the default download manager due to which it might not be able to download the things from the Nokia Ovi Music download. I guess you need to check for the settings in your Nokia Ovi 3. There must be something by which you can select your computer as a default one which may solve this problem. As Download manager must not be having any problem as you can even download music by using your default downloading manager.

I have another way to solve this problem as you should be getting prompted again for choosing the download manager as an OVI Music Downloader. Now as you have installed it already, you won't be getting prompted for the same whenever you open the Ovi suite. Anyway, Once you will remove the Ovi Downloader then it must be again reminding you about the same when you would be careful to choose for Ovi Downloader.

I think you should try reinstalling the whole Nokia Ovi suite on your machine which will automatically choose your machine as a default one when you log in on online for downloading anything from Ovi website. But make sure that whatever kind of settings you do on your machine, You remember it. So that you can rearrange the settings according to further requirements when needed.

Can anyone please provide the setup file for "ovi music downloader" ?
    The download link is disabled on the Nokia site.
    I cannot download any music from the ovi player, it is incompatible with my airtel broadband.

Thank you

Can anyone please provide the setup file for "ovi music downloader" ?
    The download link is disabled on the Nokia site.
    I cannot download any music from the ovi player, it is incompatible with my airtel broadband.

Thank you
    Edit/Delete Message

The one cause with downloading Ovi Music Unlimited tracks is that your subscription is tied to that one computer you authorized while you first started your subscription. It is probable to change your ‘registered PC’ once each 90 days, but chances are you would like to be able to install music from any PC you could discover, expressly because the Ovi Music Store just offers low bitrate downloads above the air to your phone straight. This is where the ‘Ovi Music Downloader’ comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashX View Post
    The one cause with downloading Ovi Music Unlimited tracks is that your subscription is tied to that one computer you authorized while you first started your subscription. It is probable to change your ‘registered PC’ once each 90 days, but chances are you would like to be able to install music from any PC you could discover, expressly because the Ovi Music Store just offers low bitrate downloads above the air to your phone straight. This is where the ‘Ovi Music Downloader’ comes in.
    I understand that. Thank you.
    But what i need is the SETUP FILE for "ovi music downloader". Nokia has disabled the link Anyone ??

I understand that. Thank you.
    But what i need is the SETUP FILE for "ovi music downloader". Nokia has disabled the link Anyone ??
    Here I have easy music downloader software which helps you to download OVI music simply. So just try this and let me know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazej View Post
    Here I have easy music downloader software which helps you to download OVI music simply. So just try this and let me know the result.
    Nope. No connection to the OVI music store. I think I need "ovi music downloader" only. No other downloader will work with the ovi music store.

Question : should I start a separate thread for this ?