Thread: Tool required to resize the window in linux operating system

Tool required to resize the window in linux operating system

Well what I wanted to say is that I am using Linux mint for quite some time and I am very much impressed with its features and I think it is better to use Linux then the windows. Well I have some query regarding the Linux. The query is that my browser that is Mozilla Firefox does not appears clear in the mint operating system. Well rest of the icons and all the applications look very sharp only the Firefox appears to be looking like very grainy type. Also is there any tool in mint with which I can snap the windows like it is found in the windows 7. Where I can drag a particular window to the particular position and it will remain there. So if you have any suggestions then do get back to me.

Re: Tool required to resize the window in linux operating system

Well if you want the windows to be resized and dragged then you must use the aero snap tool. This particular software will help you minimize, maximize and resize windows by simply dragging and dropping to a particular location on the screen. You can either place it on top bottom or any side ways. So you can go with this particular application it will definitely help you. Just enable this particular application in the Linux and it will work for you.

Hey thanks for the necessary suggestion that you have given. Well I wanted to know that how it can be enabled in the linux operating system. So can you give me the step by step methods in order to enable in the linux. I have searched various websites for the same purpose and they have given steps to install the aero snap in the windows and not in linux. Well it would be better if you could have explain me in detail how to enable Aero snap.

Yes definitely. In order to enable the aero snap you must have the following application installed in your system. Well that application is sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager wmctrl. Once you have got this application then rest of the task is very simple do follow these steps and you will be done
    1) Go to the Compiz Config Settings Manager. From there you have to select the commands option.
    2) There you will get the different command line options
    3) In the command line 0 option you have to type the following command
    ‘WIDTH=`xdpyinfo | grep ‘dimensions:’ | cut -f 2 -d ‘:’ | cut -f 1 -d ‘x’` && HALF=$(($WIDTH/2)) && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,0,$HALF,-1’
    4) After that in the command line 1 you have to type the following command
    ‘WIDTH=`xdpyinfo | grep ‘dimensions:’ | cut -f 2 -d ‘:’ | cut -f 1 -d ‘x’` && HALF=$(($WIDTH/2)) && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,$HALF,0,$HALF,-1’
    5) After that In the command line 2 type this command
    ‘wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert,maximized_horz’
    6) Then you have to go the Edge Bindings tab and set the following commands as
    Run Command 0 – Set To Left
    Run Command 1 – Set To Right
    Run Command 2 – Set To Top
    7) After having done with all these go to the general options and inside that you will get the Edge Trigger Delay. Set that particular dragger and you are done.
    So finally you will be able to set the aero snap.