Thread: WinXP Setup Cannot copy oembios.bin

WinXP Setup Cannot copy oembios.bin

I am trying to install a fresh copy of windows XP home edition on a Intel Celeron 2.0 Ghz. Everything seems to go well (i.e. formatting HD) until it comes to copying window files then it stops with the below error message:

“Setup Cannot copy file: oembios.bin”

As far as I know, it could be a hardware problem, so this is what Ive tried:

1. Using the CD in another PC and it installs fine,
    2. I tried to use a different CD-Drive on my pc with same problem
    3. Tried to change the hard disk
    3. Changed the IDE cables, but no luck yet.

I noticed that some files cannot be copied or (different for each attempt), but always comes as oembios.bin, thus bypass the copy of these files only ends with the Blue Screen of Death!

Re: WinXP Setup Cannot copy oembios.bin

I have a Hp Pavilion 434.uk, Intel Pentium 4 2.66Ghz 512 MB of RAM and 80GB of hard drive and an ATI Radeon 9000. During installation of Windows XP Pro, the oembios.bin file was not copied, it gave me the choice of Retry or Ignore but it was impossible to force the copy so I ignored it and the installation continued normally, but when I started Windows, the system sends me an error and suddenly I cannot access any session. Any ideas

Re: WinXP Setup Cannot copy oembios.bin

With this tutorial you can install your Windows XP without problems and from scratch.

To do so the first thing to do is to go to BIOS Setup to get it to boot to Windows installation CD once you turn on your PC and insert the installation CD into the CD/DVD drive.

To enter the BIOS Setup press Delete, F2 or F11 (depending on board model) after turning on your PC.

Within the BIOS Setup you can look for the Advanced BIOS Features option and press ENTER on this option.

Select the following:
    - First Boot Device - CDROM
    - Second Boot Device - HDD-0

We return to the previous menu and select Save & Exit Setup and agree with Y and press ENTER.

With the CDROM in the CD/DVD drive reboot your computer to begin installing Windows XP.
    A message to Press any key will be shown.

The installation begins to copy files, while we wait.

When we reach this point you need to press ENTER to confirm installation of Windows on your hard disk.

Here it shows the Windows license that we must accept by pressing F8 to continue installing Windows XP.

Now prepare the hard disk to install Windows XP files.

Select a partition of you hard drive for the installation.

Here it will show the unpartitioned space that is similar to the volume of the partition that you have just deleted.
    Press C to create the partition, and accept the confirmation with ENTER.

In this new screen select a Quick NTFS format disk and press ENTER.

** If you have any suspicion of drive failure it is best NOT to use the Quick Format option and do a normal format. This will take longer time, but it will check the integrity of your hard drive (at least that partition, which is the most important).

Then the partition is formatted, it will install the basic files and automatically restart the computer. While we wait without pressing any key.

Now the installation will beging without any issues.

I also faced same problem. When I select 'ignore' it continued installation.
    In installation process Windows Activation screen did not appeared but installation completed successfully and at windows startup (before welcome screen) when I click on user name to to log on it display's an error related with licence.