Thread: Windows Photo Viewer getting stuck after every few seconds

Windows Photo Viewer getting stuck after every few seconds

I was previously using windows photo viewer in Windows XP and now I have upgrades my computer with Windows 7 and I am facing problem with windows photo viewer. It getting hang after every few seconds and also takes lots of time for opening. But it is able to displays the picture instantly when I click on slideshow button. I don’t know why this happening is. If anyone has solution the please help me.

Re: Windows Photo Viewer getting stuck after every few seconds

There are different reasons for getting this type of issue. If you are using outdated Video card drivers then this can happen. For this you need to update your drivers for latest version. If you have not used windows photo viewer for long time and suddenly you are going to use that can be the reason for this. If you made any modification in your computer’s hardware or software before last time using that application then can be the reason for this. You also need to check. What type of Video Card you are using in the computer and about its compatibility.

This can happen if your temp file is getting full of history and data files the you have to clear that temp folder. For this you can click on start and type run and then enter. Now In the Run window screen type %temp% and press enter. It will open Temp file folder now delete the all contents form the Temp folder. After this restart your computer once and check your photo viewer.

This can problem can happen because of changing Screen Resolution. For solve this click on Start button then click on Control Panel and then below Appearance and Personalization, you have to click on adjust screen resolution. Then click on advanced settings. In that you will get the Troubleshoot tab in that you have to click on Change settings. If you get prompt screen for an administrator password or verification then enter the password or give confirmation. Now change Hardware Acceleration slider to lower resolution. Click on ok and check.

I think there are different reasons for this problem you can first scan your computer with updated antivirus. There can be chances of corruption of files by viruses or spywares. Then uninstalled photo viewer application and reinstalled it again and check if it is still getting same problem then you can check in your operating system there is free utility called fixit which you can use for troubleshooting for this issue.