Thread: 'Fix' mode is missing in windows 7 photo viewer

'Fix' mode is missing in windows 7 photo viewer

It is clear that I am using windows 7 operating system, and I have started using windows 7 operating system recently. Actually the thing is that I was using windows photo viewer for doing the minor changing or alteration of photos. Tasks that I was performing using are red eye cropping and the other small adjustment with photos. I was doing this by using the control “Fix” or by clicking on the tab that is having “Fix” word written on it. This control was present at the top of the photo. To be more precise, it was present in the line of file, print, open or email. Today morning when I tried to edit the photo and this tab was missing. I do not know why this happened, I think that this because of the update that I have done last night. I am using this tool for most of editing work; if this thing is lost then I want to know the method through which I can get that.

Re: 'Fix' mode is missing in windows 7 photo viewer

Let me understand the problem that you are facing, you are saying that after doing the update it was lost but, it cannot be the case. Because if you do some kind of update then you get the new functionality, no functionality is removed by the means of update. One more thing as far as I know this ‘Fix’ feature that you are talking about is not the default feature of Photo viewer. If you want that feature then you have to download it from the official site and then install it in your windows live photo gallery. I am sure that once you download this feature from the official site and install it in your windows live photo gallery, then you will not face any other issue. But in case if you have any other problems then do not forget to ping me, I am always ready to help you.

Using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit computer on again, when I open the photo viewer windows it hangs on time to open any pictures, I cannot close it even with Task Manager. It tells me that COM Surrogate is not responding. I want to clarify that the rest of the operating system, other programs and all the hardware works perfectly. I think it's a nice bug in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, but it will be better if I get the solution for the same. The other thing that I think that you must know is that. I have not updated anything. I mean to say that I have not updated windows 7 or any other software utility for my system. If you think that updating the system will help me to solve the issue then I am ready to do that but I need a word of assurance from you side. It will be better if you can provide any solution for the problem I am facing.

The error is caused by software / non-compatible applications installed on the system or infection. So the first action, create and maintain a clean boot: Type: msconfig, and sending in the search box in the start menu. Go to Start. Remove all checkmarks not those of the antivirus. Do not reboot. Go to the Services section. Put the checkmark to hide all Microsoft services (Note that Microsoft services are hidden and do not touch) Disable all others. Do not reboot. Go to C: \ windows \ prefetch Delete all files (including folder ReadyBoot that will be recreated) unless the file Layout.ini. Go to C: \ windows \ temp Delete all files deleted. Control Panel> Internet Options, click Delete to clean up temporary and history. Empty trash. Restart. When you restart download Wise Registry Cleaner Free Portable. Extract the file and launches (or install it if you chose to download the version with the installer). Put all the ticks in the left window. Start scanning. Fix for the moment, all the green items. Restart.

Thank you, but you need to do all this, I will explain: I have kaspersky 2011 internet securite always active and updated, I also have CCleaner and I assure you that there are unnecessary or temporary files on your PC, to start is very slim I just antivirus, Ati, the management program P7P55D asus, audio via HD deck and nothing else. Supposed to do all this step but there is risk of nailing the computer system. The computer has less than a month and apart pinnacle studio 14, open office, vlc, google chrome, firefox, epson scan, skype and adobe reader, adobe photoshop elements 8.0 and I have nothing and are all original! I think that now you have got the problem that I am facing. Anyway thanks for the solution that you have provided.

At first sight it seems to work fine, I still try to open some programs such as Adobe, Pinnacle or Picasa and then re-launch of the new browser windows and see if it still crashes. Possibly there is any service that I have to restart at startup? I do not know for example, the ATI control panel or the Sidebar, monitor the status of the Epson or the Turbo feature of my motherboard, and I advice you. I apologize but I it remains difficult even though I was very familiar with XP Pro and I have never had these problems. Then I switched to Ubuntu that does not know these issues, but on the new pc I have seven and I used exclusively for Pinnacle Studio 14, however, claim that does not give these errors because it is a basic OS handsomely paid and not free. Excuse me for venting into windows, and look forward to kind advice. Nothing to do the same problem after the last few photo viewer hangs and sometimes I cannot even close it with task manager, and eventually the PC will not shut off the system remains in a blue background and I have to turn off with power button. I now set as default viewer picasa cannot find other solutions; Besides the problems described above all other programs and the hardware will not do a flaw, trust me never seen such a thing.