Thread: Need help to change office 2004 Microsoft User Data folder

Need help to change office 2004 Microsoft User Data folder

It actually the Office 2004 has places the Microsoft User Data database in your Users/Accountname/Documents directory, and if you shift it immediately makes a innovative one. Is there several reliable ways to shift the location to anywhere else and maintain it by means of the intention of way. Does the Documents folder be supposed to be the sphere of the user and the user unaccompanied, damn applications be supposed to maintain their noses out. Tried by means of the intention of one and it failed. It presently generates an innovative one the entire in excess of again commencing from scratch in the Documents folder. Additional than it seems similar to there's stuff in there by means of the intention of might be handy to encompass easy access too (approximating you are normal.dot for one), so I would tranquil prefer to just shift it properly rather than create it invisible.

Re: Need help to change office 2004 Microsoft User Data folder

You be able to tranquil navigate to it by striking Command-Shift-G in Finder and typing in the path to the folder, additional than yes, it's not as straightforward as immediately having it somewhere else. The offices for Mac 2004 accumulate its user data folder in Documents database as "Microsoft User Data". Everybody knows how to revolutionize the location of this folder, such as shift to Library folder. The "Microsoft User Data" folder be able to be shifted out of Documents and into"~/Library/Preferences" without several tribulations. Well one trick by means of the intention of I discovered at the same time as shifting my itunes music into a superior spot was to utilize an alias. So you might shift it anywhere and create a alias then position the alias in documents.

You be able to archive emails by going to File and export and this determine to generate a .rge file. Save this to a position and later if requirements be you be able to import the emails in the innovative Office 2008. I individually did not do alternative for the reason by means of the intention of I previously have comprised and archive emails in the .rge format to a protected location. You determine to necessitate shifting the ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data to a number of where secure presently in case. The reason I do this is for the reason by means of the intention of I have comprised a lot of rules and scripts working with on particular incoming emails and the Rules Database is detained in the most important Identity folder within the Microsoft User Data folder. I then administer to copy the Rules database back in to my innovative Office 2008 most important identity.

You determine to generate a potentially difficult installation of Microsoft Office. If you be familiar by means of how to generate a Unix Symbolic Link you be able to shift the mind. Additional than you might tranquil get issues by means of failed or partial updates. Debate raged on this predicament. I and many additional said it be supposed to by no means be in as clever as you and managed to eliminate their entire email database and contacts files. There were additional who said Documents was the accurate location for the reason by means of the intention of the content was "user files" with the intention of desired to be backed up. Content has shifted into "Application Support", and in 2010 most of them must anticipate by means of the intention of the remainder determine to go there too Run the eliminate Office tool previous to you do anything else.

My recommendation initially was "Leave Office v.X where it is". It has purpose and abilities Office 2008 does not encompass. By means of the intention of recommendation is unchanged. You have comprised and got me. I not am able to remember. I believe it be supposed to present you the choice of which version(s) you desire to remove. Whether by means of the intention of function was in attendance in the version or description by means of the intention of shipped with Office v.X I not be able to remember. If it does not ask you which description, terminate it does not matter, their determine to still be individuality in it there has to be, for the additional submission to work. Not unless you eliminate it: the entire the settings be supposed to hang regarding where they are. Additional than it would not hurt to Repair Permissions.

The AutoRecover functions appropriately when FileVault is facilitated formerly, setting the AutoRecover folder position (Word menu, favorite command, File Locations) to a position inside a FileVault prevented home folder did not work. This has been fixed. For additional information information in sequence regarding FileVault you be able to goggled it. Sanctuary is improved when you open a document by means of the intention of has macros Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at present sustain or maintain an additional level of sanctuary by means of the intention of affects macros by means of the intention of open additional Office documents containing macros. You be able to utilize the Application. AutomationSecurity possessions to set the level of sanctuary desired. For additional information in sequence regarding the submission. Formerly, the Compatibility Report in Word incorrectly reported the subsequent: Swiss German proofing tools are not installed.