Thread: How to use Windows Media Center to record TV with Windows 7

How to use Windows Media Center to record TV with Windows 7

I am using a windows 2008 R2 server with the operating system of Windows 7. My machine is with a TV card. Since my server has capacity of 2TB, it would be good to record straight to its networked drive. But I am unable to record TV with the use of windows media center to the network drive. I have seen that My Media Center is unable to detect my mounted network share. If anyone having any idea then please let me know.

Re: How to use Windows Media Center to record TV with Windows 7

If local drive storage capacity is the problem, just plan Robocopy to occasionally shift your recordings. One good thing for you that it is already there in the operating system. You only need to learn the syntax. You can found on websites articles internet. Before that you need to check all your set up once again and restart it again. After that as per the error move ahead.

I know you are unable to record TV shows by using Media Center to a network drive. But you capable to do this by using few third party software's. Utilization of third party software, consisting hardware drivers can be the reason for serious problems that may stop your computer from starting properly. Microsoft not take any responsibility of any problems resulting from the utilization of Third Party Software can be resolved. Taking a decision of Using Third Party Software is at your personal responsibility.

I think Recording over the network is problem with the recording, or still live TV as the recording buffer would be situated on the remote place. For this one thing you can do is to employ Windows Home Server with Power Pack 3 and its TV archive utility which you are able to setup to automatically shift all your recordings or only the ones you wish to.