Thread: How can put subtitles in windows 7 media center

How can put subtitles in windows 7 media center

Friends, I want to make use of windows media center and to do that, I have downloaded the codecs and everything and after that it is able to play the avi , mkv, and lots of other format files. The only problem that I have is with the subtitles. If you know that how can the media center read any subtile. Please reply for this problem as early as possible. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: How can put subtitles in windows 7 media center

I would like to tell you that the closed captioning as well as subtitles appears involuntarily in Media Center if the audio is muted but if you need then you can change the settings for this. Media Center shows closed captioning that is broadcast through your TV service supplier. Ensure by means of your service supplier to observe if they broadcast closed captioning intended for the TV shows that you desire to watch.
    1. Scroll down to task in Windows Media Center start screen and click on the Settings. Now click on TV and then choose Closed Captioning.
    2. In Caption display, click on the plus and minus buttons to choose on and Off. “On” when it is muted and finally click on save button.

If you want to turn the subtitle on or off for the DVDs then you can follow three easy steps. Here are those steps.
    1. Go to the Windows Media Center start screen and from there scroll down to the settings. There you have to select DVD and choose Subtitle.
    2. Choose (+) and (-) buttons to make that on or off.
    3. Once you are done with your selection then save the changes and you are done with this.

Windows media center is only used for MPEG, WMV, MP4, MOV, M2TS file types. If you are trying to play any file of any other format then media player will not be able to display subtitles. If you want then you can search and use any third party software to play that and see if it helps you or not. But make sure that there is no guarantee for any issue from the Microsoft using Third Party Software. You can use that on your own risk.

If you want to modify the appearance for the closed captions like size of the text or any other thing like text color then you can refer the following steps.
    1. First of all, open the Windows Media Center start screen and go to Settings by scrolling that. Select TV and after that click on Closed Captioning
    2. Now click on Advanced and after that click Use my custom settings and this will allow you to adjust the settings.
    3. Press plus (+) and minus (-) buttons and this will change any setting that you want.
    4. After that click on save button and this will save the settings