Thread: Disable Windows Media Player 12 Album Art Download

Disable Windows Media Player 12 Album Art Download

The difficulty I encompass is that Windows Media Player is departing online and putting back my 500x500px artwork with the 200x200px on or after the online catalog. Additionally just before this, it is generating each and every one of the 75x75px tiny artwork records which are messing the My Music directory. I have tried several settings to prevent this but nothing stooped it by going online yet. Du you have any additional method which will work on this?

Re: Disable Windows Media Player 12 Album Art Download

Open the Windows media player and in its option uncheck “Retrieve Additional Information from the Internet” and set “Update Music Files by Retrieving Media Info from the Internet” in the direction of No. Make use of Wireshark to settle on it is leaving to different addresses. If you are using the router for internet connection then block those IPs or Web addresses from which getting online traffic. Also configure the firewall to prevent it. These are the best options to eliminate online connection.

I think that the only possible way is to work with registry entries which are related to the Windows Media player. You need to insert some values so that it emerges for WMP will NOT produce or resize fresh folder.jpg otherwise AlbumArtSmall.jpg files. If those folders previously exist, it does not resize it except merely sets the unseen and system characteristics. So if you contain a both file at 1500x1500, it will put down them unaided. The modification of Registry entries are as follows.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences
    "LargeAlbumArtSize"=dword:ffffffff
    "SmallAlbumArtSize"=dword:ffffffff

I urge you to delete a certain registry entry which is regarding to the all the settings configured for Windows media player and then restart your computer. Now set the WMP to default settings and see whether the issue is continuing or not. If this solution not helped you then set those files as Read-only. This option will not allow you to do any modification in file. By doing this you can prevent WMP12 from overwriting 500x500px files to 200x200px.