Thread: Autohide option is not working in Windows Media player 12

Autohide option is not working in Windows Media player 12

I am having a strange issue in my Pc regarding the Windows media player 12. Right now it is in playing mode. The autohide feature for controls is not working from now. I have toggled or marked the Autohide option but I didn’t effect at all. You can find the option to toggle and allow autohide under the player tab of WMP12 options. Couple of days ago it was functioning properly but now I don’t know what was happened to it. Is there any other way to get back this on my WMP12? As I said the Player in Now Playing mode.

Re: Autohide option is not working in Windows Media player 12

This is not a big issue at all. What happened is you didn’t go through all the settings of WMP12 yet. You need to follow my instruction, which may show you a path to resolve your issue.
    • Open start>All programs>Windows media player
    • Toggle it to "Library" view; snap the "Organize" switch then go for "Options".
    • You will get a multi-tabbed dialog box named as “options”. There move to "Player" tab.
    • Underside "Player Settings", confirm "Allow auto hide of playback controls" as preferred.
    • To save and exit click on “OK”.

The best method I came up with to solve the autohide issue is Un-installing and Re-installing the Windows Media Player 12. This is the best method rather than struggling on different settings.
    • Open Start >search. There type "Turn Windows features on or off".
    • Open "Turn Windows features on or off" by clicking.
    • Surf to the Media Features and uncheck the blot into the face of WMP12.
    • Reboot the PC
    • Repeat the 1st and 2nd step again.
    • Go through to the Media Features and put a check spot opposite to the WMP.
    • Restart the PC.
    • Now Re-launch the WMP and see whether the autohide of controls are working or not.

Autohide of playback controls functional at the time playing a CD/DVD in windowed mode means small screen mode. In additional terminology, if I play a film in a tiny screen or box, and shift the mouse pointer left as of the media player, then only the controls hide from view. On the other hand, while playing movies in filled screen mode, at that moment the mouse is unavoidably, forever above the media player pane, and the playback controls may not vanish. This is deprived trying, resting on Microsoft's division and desires setting up.

Did you try all the possible settings available in the Windows media player 12? Have you tried the Windows troubleshooter for help? If this case so then there is only method left I think. Launch the registry editor by opening Run and typing “regedit”. Now browse through this registry entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer" and delete it. This will delete all the settings configured for your WMP12. Now restart the PC and choose default settings in WMP. I hope that this will definitely work.

Are you playing the video from the desktop or from a CD/DVD? If the latter, my experience has been that the full-screen playback controls will not hide. Because the disc drive is running I suppose. When I copied the video to the desktop and ran it full-screen from there, the controls went away.