Thread: Cool Edit Pro won't Record in Windows 7

Cool Edit Pro won't Record in Windows 7

I assume that you all might have heard about the Cool Edit Pro (also called as Adobe Audition). I have installed it in my Windows 7 PC yesterday. The good thing is that it properly installed on my machine and the bad thing is it is not working at all. When I launch and try to record from this app, it says some prompts like "J:/Temp" or "Error: Output Error". It is really frustrating. Can you suggest me what is causing this issue? Is this issue can be resolved? Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Cool Edit Pro won't Record in Windows 7

I think that you didn’t get the all information yet. Which version of Windows 7 you are using on your computer. Have you ever worked on this app before in other version of Operation system? As far as I know the there is no compatibility between Cool Edit PRO and Windows 7. I think you should refer their site for more information.

Audition 2 does not effort on windows 7. Recently I have tried it installing on 2 dissimilar PC's with different versions of Windows 7 installed on them and each and every time it is showing the same error. So by this we can assume that the Cool Edit Pro is still not completely compatible with Windows 7. I think that you also using the same edition 1.2. For your help Audition 3 has been out from Adobe. I hope that this new version may come with bug fixed and work properly on windows 7 machine.

When concerning some Cool Edit Pro developers they told me several things. This software or app must not be depending or covering on User’s customizable configurations in Windows 7. Nothing going to change in windows settings to create animations when diminishing and exploiting the Audition-window. First of all try to install Cool Edit Pro in compatibility mode and then right click on it for going to Troubleshoot Compatibility. Follow the process prompted. I have done the same thing in my Windows 7 machine and it somewhat started working.

You are saying that you are getting error from it while recording. By seeing this I can assume that you can somehow able to use Cool Edit Pro.There might be a possibility that the sound device on your computer doesn't contain a driver that Cool Edit Pro 2.1 recognizes. The preliminary move toward is to discover the recording and playback driver segments in properties, and endeavor choosing somewhat approximating 'use WDM' - which is further expected to be what's installed on a present Operating System.

For your issue I urge you to Go in: Options > Device Proprieties and Options > Device Orders. Change some setting over there. First of all I advise to locate your soundcard input or output as the primary device in Wave in or Wave out... You can also play in MIDI but you will not able to record Midi in CEP. But still you are able to open and alter Midi though. After this settings go to Options > Windows Recording Mixer. There set the appropriate recording device. Update sound card driver if available.