Thread: Need to exclude definite folders from being indexed by Windows Media Player 12

Need to exclude definite folders from being indexed by Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12 has detached the capability to keep out definite folders from being indexed. This functionality was obtainable in Windows Media Player 11. I require being capable to eliminate assured folders as of being indexed for the reason that I cover image albums that are moreover huge for WMP12 player to grip. Not including these folders as of the WMP12 library is not a decision since MediaCenter utilizes the library settings to conclude where to come across for pictures. Therefore if they are not integrated the into the WMP12 collection I am not able to observe them in MediaCenter however if they are within the player library it solidifies the whole thing up for 30 minutes each moment I activate an extender which obliges a rescanning of the library. Do you have any ideas about this? Please suggest me one.

Re: Need to exclude definite folders from being indexed by Windows Media Player 12

When you really don’t require observing a folder in a WMP12 library, you be capable of eliminate it. When you take out a folder via a library, the folder and its stuffing are not erased on or after their unique position. Follow this step.
    • On the taskbar, select “Windows Explorer” icon
    • In the left part of the navigation pane, clack the library that you would like to get rid of folders from.
    • Now on top of the file list, library panes, then to Includes, snap Locations.
    • A dialog box may appear. In that, click the folder you desire to take away, click “Remove”, and “OK”.

Re: Need to exclude definite folders from being indexed by Windows Media Player 12

If you don’t want the Player to supervise a folder that's incorporated in individual of your Windows libraries on your PC, you be able to confiscate the folder as of from there.
    • Go to Start> All Programs> Windows Media Player.
    • Select “Switch to Library” button on the right-top of the player.
    • On the Player Library, click on “Organize” option.
    • Click “Manage libraries”, and then go through the following option:
    • Pictures- To open the Pictures Library Locations dialog box.
    • Locate the folder from list which you want to take away.
    • Click Remove and OK to accomplish your requirement.

There is an extraordinary file called "wmpfolders.wmdb" which stock up information regarding each and every one folder gazed during by WMP12. You will be able to come across this file in your local app folder: c:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. Now what you have to do with this file is spot a folder thus WMP12 will disregard it and may not update whichever files stored inside this folder. To perform accordingly alter this file by means of whichever text editor and put back Exclude="0" by way of Exclude="-1" to spot folder as expelled. By doing this you will be able to exclude precise subfolders or whichever pinnacle intensity folder.

I think for this you need to create a Create a Group Policy Object
    You can alter an obtainable Group Policy object (GPO) or generate a fresh one. To make a new-fangled GPO:
    • Click Start> Programs>Administrative Tools> Active Directory Users and Computers.
    • Within the relieve hierarchy, right-click your domain and select Properties.
    • Go through Group Policy tab and select New.
    • Write the name that you would like to identify this policy
    • Click Properties, and then Security tab.
    • Click to “clear the Apply Group Policy” check box intended for the GPO that you feel like to avert as of having this policy functional.
    • Click to “select the Apply Group Policy” check box in favor of the groups toward which you would like to pertain this policy. To finish, click OK.

I have the same difficulty, but think i have solved it. Run INDEXING OPTIONS from the control panel. search for the offending folder in the list of indexed folder and un-check it. I`ve done this , will see if it works.