Thread: Converting ts file formats and importing in Final Cut Pro

Converting ts file formats and importing in Final Cut Pro

Last week there was virus attack on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. Due to this virus my operating system files got corrupted and my system was not starting. So I formatted and installed Microsoft windows 7 operating system on it. Also I have updated my device drives and antivirus software. I wanted to know if I can convert my ts file. Also I need a solution describing the steps to import ts file in Final Cut Pro software. Also suggest me if there is some readymade software which can convert my ts file format and import it in Final Cut Pro. Also give me the steps to import images in Final Cut Pro

Re: Converting ts file formats and importing in Final Cut Pro

The .ts file format is used for streaming video such as MPEG-2 file format. You can’t directly play ts file format on Final Cut Pro software. If you want to play .ts file on Final Cut Pro software then first you need to convert .ts file and after converting .ts file you can import it in Final Cut Pro and play it. You can use different types of converter for converting ts file format. “Video TS Converter” software is one of the software which can be used for converting ts file.

You can make use of Total video converter for converting ts file format. The steps to convert ts file format are given below:
    1. You need to download and install Total video converter software on your system.
    2. After installing the Total video converter you need to launch it by double clicking on it.
    3. Now you need to click on browse tab to locate your .ts file. After selecting the .ts file you need to click on it to open.
    4. Select the output format in which you want to convert and then click on the convert button. The .ts file format will be converted to the selected format.

If you want to import .ts file in Final Cut Pro software then you should convert it into Final Cut Pro recognizable format. After converting the .ts file format into Final Cut Pro recognizable format you need to follow the steps given below to convert it.
    • You need to launch Final Cut Pro software by double clicking on it. select import and then select files options from the files menu.
    • You need to select the desired file which you want to import. You should select the file and press the choose button and the file will be selected depending upon its size.
    • After importing the video you may save the selected file in Final Cut Pro software by clicking on save button. The videos will be saved to Final Cut Pro software.

If you want to load and import images in Final Cut Pro software then you may need to follow the steps given below:
    1. Before importing image you need to make sure that the image is stored in RGB mode. The Final Cut Pro software doesn’t recognize image in CMYK color scale.
    2. You need to launch the Final Cut Pro software by double clicking on it.
    3. In the Final Cut Pro window you need to click on files menu and then select “import” and then click on the “Files” option.
    4. Now you need to browse to the location where you have saved your images. Select the file by double clicking on it which you want to import.
    5. You can adjust the duration length of the clip by going to the file menu and then select “Show Info”.
    6. You can save the image by clicking on save button and the image will be saved.