Thread: Cannot start Speech Recognition because the language configuration is not supported

Cannot start Speech Recognition because the language configuration is not supported

Friends, I am not able to begin Speech Recognition. Whenever I try to use that then it tells me that the recognizer languages have to equal the language of user interface. Please modify the recognizer language from Speech Recognition control panel beneath Advanced Options. When I went to advanced options then I observe that my language was US English and I think that it is right for me because I live in Spokane and talk English. So why it is showing me the error message? Also tell me the way to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot start Speech Recognition because the language configuration is not supported

This is not only you who is having this problem. There are many other users with the same issue. Most people have solved this problem subsequent to performing an inplace upgrade. This could occur if there are corrupted system files. So follow the method below to do Inplace upgrade.
    1. First of all you have to exit every program earlier than you upgrade to Windows 7. These programs contain browsers as well as media players
    2. Now put in Windows Vista DVD in DVD drive.
    3. When lit shows you the “Install now” screen then select “Install now”.
    4. Click on Upgrade when it asks you for the type of installation. After that you just have to follow the simple onscreen instructions.

Re: Cannot start Speech Recognition because the language configuration is not supported

I also agree that the Inplace Upgrade will solve the problem for you. But before moving on that, you should go through the steps below:
    1. Immobilize or uninstall every security software on the computer.
    2. Take out all third parties CD as well as DVD burning software.
    3. Click Start and type appwiz.cpl in the start search box. Press enter.
    4. From the left side click “Turn Windows feature On or Off”.
    5. Unclick the three components and click Ok.
    6. Net Framework 3.0
    7. Remote Differential Compression
    8. Windows DFS Replication Service
    9. Now you can start Inplace Upgrade.

The only thing that I can guess at the time is that the problem is with the Office 2007 that is installed in your computer. If you have installed the Office 2007 earlier than running Speech Recognition trainer. So you should uninstall the office from your computer and then try to install it again. I am saying this to you because one of my friends was also facing the similar problem and he did the same. After reinstalling office it solves the problem. I hope that this will do the same for you.

The voice reorganization software that you are using may be corrupted or there may be some files which are missing from it and that are causing the problem for you. So my suggestion to you is to uninstall and install it again. If possible then download a fresh copy of it from internet and install it from that. I am saying this to you because it the setup itself is corrupted then you will get the same result again. So the best way is to search and download the setup again. Install that setup to fix that issue.

If it is the issue related with the virus infection then the only way to resolve this problem is to use an antivirus program to detect that virus. Before starting the scan you should update the database for the antivirus that you are using. If it detect any file that is infected by the threads then heal that file if it cannot heal that then you can remove that file but before removing, you should confirm that it is not a system file. If is due to virus then this will definitely help you.