Thread: Need help to restore from DriveImage XML

Need help to restore from DriveImage XML

The DriveImage XML is my program of alternative for patronage up and preventing my data. When I primary began utilizing this submission, although, I had a number of difficulties restoring my backup image on my test boxes utilizing the instructions originate in additional tutorials. Due to this, I pooled information in sequence commencing from a variety of obtainable tutorials, and by means of some work, I was capable to stature out how to restore my data. By means of this in mind, I have comprised position the entire of the information in sequence I researched into one direct so by means of the intention of additional be able to appropriately restore their data without working with into the troubles with the intention of I encountered.

Re: Need help to restore from DriveImage XML

The primary step is to download DriveImage XML to the desktop of the system by means of the intention of you desire to backup. When the file has completed downloading, double hit it off on the dixmlsetup.exe icon to start the setting up program. Go subsequent to the prompts at the same time as selecting the defaulting settings in anticipation of you get to the most recent screen. Then press the terminate button to close the DriveImage XML putting in place program. On one occasion the program has been inaugurated, their determine to at present be an icon for the program on your desktop. Double hit it off on the DriveImage XML icon to start the program. When the program starts you determine to be greeted by means of a screen comparable to the one beneath. At present press the Backup button as selected by the red arrow. You determine to at present be at a screen where the program asks you what drive you would approximate to backup as exposed.

I had generated a folder in my E:\ drive named desktopclone and position by means of the intention of as the directory where my backup image determines to be generated. In the alternative category you be supposed to set Compression to Good (slow!), to create the backup image smaller, and then uncheck the entire of the additional items. On one occasion you encompass the alternative screen setup approximating you desire it press the Next button to prolong. So give pleasure to be patient at the same time as the backup continue. When the backup has completed, you be supposed to press the Finish button and then close the DriveImage XML program. You encompass at present generated a duplicate copy of your complete OS and stored it in a compressed manner. You be able to at present do several things by means of with the intention of image. You be able to open it up and restore individual files or folders or you be able to restore that image to an additional drive.

In the future if you necessitate to restore several files commencing from a DriveImage XML backup image you be able to go subsequent to these steps. Twice click DriveImageXML on the system by means of the intention of you desire to restore the file to. When the program is loaded, hit it off on the Browse alternative on the left hand side menu. When you hit it off on the Browse push switch you determine to be exposed a screen, comparable to the one beneath, where it asks you to choose a backup image (XML) file. On one occasion you have comprised entered the location by means of the intention of you would approximating the files or folders to be restored to, you be supposed to press the OK button to start the restoration procedure.

An additional hard drive by means of the intention of you determines to restore the cloned image to. This hard drive be obliged to as large, or larger, than the innovative drive by means of the intention of you made the image commencing from. To have right of entry to the media by means of the intention of restrain the cloned image of your hard drive. This be able to be a USB flash drive, exterior hard drive, or an additional hard drive in your system. A bootable version or description of DriveImageXML by means of the intention of includes a disk partitioning program. This method there would not be several Windows activation tribulations or driver issues. You be able to, although, restore a cloned image to a dissimilar system than it was originally backed up on. Give pleasure to note, though, by means of the intention of when the image is restored to an additional system, the dissimilar hardware might prompt a red flag by means of the intention of would necessitate you to reactivate Windows.

In this you be supposed to choose the drive by means of the intention of you would approximating to generate a partition on and then format. If this drive has been utilized in the past, you determine to first necessitate eliminating the existing partition, so by means of the intention of you be able to generate a empty innovative one. Create certain you pick the accurate hard disk to format as if you choose the incorrect one, it determine to be erased and lost everlastingly. Merely select the drive by means of the intention of you desire to format and restore to! On one occasion you choose the right drive, create certain you revolutionize File System to NTFS, position a checkmark in the Set this partition to active checkbox, and then twice check you have selected the accurate drive. Create certain you select the accurate partition so by means of the intention of data on an additional partition is not mistakenly overwritten.