Thread: Need a .MOV File container

Need a .MOV File container

I am trying to utilize the flowplayer for my small firm’s website. My web team mostly makes the use of flash files as they this to be more industry specific for users if you compare it with quicktime files. I have a preference working with .mov files as I think they compress an a nice manner and keep the quality much better. I am quite happy after finding out flowplayer works with .mov files however, my question is that where I can get a container for a .MOV file.

Re: Need a .MOV File container

MOV is a container format, it is not a video codec category. You are most likely discussing about an H.264 file within a MOV quicktime file. What you need is H.264, with the quickstart moov atom transferred from the normal end of the file to the start.The majority people make an .mp4 file, or the Flash-specific edition, but it is .f4v. The extension occasionally matters, and many people have get their issue resolved by encoding an H.264/AAC file and applying it an .mp4 extension.

QuickTime is essential to the MAC operating platform and is not obligatory in the Windows platform, however, more and more more Windows applications are using QuickTime to show audio and video information.In contrast with .avi, .mov has enhanced maintain for interleaving further audio/video/subtitle tracks, has multiple file types and are more suitable in professional use —QT is still according to me the best in the business.

QuickTime’s MOV file is not a codec (code/decode) format similar to MPEG4 but is a container video file format. As the word explains, a MOV file can hold a figure of both video codec file formats like WMV, and MPEG4, to mention the more often being used video and audio codecs.Unlike other well-liked container file formats that include AVI, 3GP, the MOV container format chains the most number of video and audio codecs through its interior codec