Thread: Troubleshooting wmv importing problem in Final Cut Express

Troubleshooting wmv importing problem in Final Cut Express

I was having Windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Few days before, while browsing across the internet I found some new videos. I downloaded those video and they are in the wmv file format. I have downloaded Final Cut Express for importing these video so that I can play it. I am facing problem while importing wmv file and the file could not be imported. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and platy the wmv file.

Re: Troubleshooting wmv importing problem in Final Cut Express

Final Cut Express is excellent video editing software which was developed by Apple Company. With the help of Final Cut Express software we can edit digital as well as high-definition video. If you are trying to import video into Final Cut Express software and you are facing problem. If you can’t import video in Final Cut Express software then you need to make sure that the Final Cut Express software doesn’t support .wmv file format. If you want to import video in Final Cut Express then you need to convert wmv file format into other format such as .dv file format and then you can easily import it Final Cut Express.

If you can’t open wmv file in Final Cut Express then you need to make sure that Final Cut Express software doesn’t support .wmv file. If you want to open wmv then you need to use WMV to FCE Converter software. The WMV to FCE Converter software will help you in converting wmv file into .dv file format. After converting wmv file you can import it into Final Cut Express and edit the videos.

If you want to import wmv video in Final Cut Express software then you need to convert it into .dv file. After converting you can import it into Final Cut Express software. The steps to import wmv file format into the Final Cut Express software using WMV to FCE Converter are given below:
    1. You need to download and install Leawo Mac Video Converter Pro software. After installing Leawo Mac Video Converter Pro, you need to open it by double clicking on it.
    2. You need to click on “add file” button to add wmv video file.
    3. After adding video to wmv file you need to select the DV -Digital Video Format (*.dv) as output format.
    4. You need to click on the convert button to start converting. After converting the wmv file it will be having .dv file format.
    5. Now you can launch Final Cut Express. After the Final Cut Express software window opens you need to click on file menu and then select import movies.
    6. Select the .dv file and click on import button. The .dv file selected will be imported easily.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have successfully downloaded and installed Leawo Mac Video Converter Pro. Also I have converted all my wmv video into .dv video. After converting now I can easily import the video into Final Cut Express software without any problem. I have also edited my videos. I want steps to import wmv file extension videos into iMovie.

iMovie is video editing software developed by Apple Company and it can be used on Mac OSx operating system. you can import file into iMovie from digital video cameras, hard drive etc. the steps to import wmv file format into iMovie are given below:
    1. You need to start the system and then you need to browse for Total Media Converter and install it.
    2. After installing Total Media Converter you need to click on add video button to add video.
    3. You can convert video into MPEG-4 file format by clicking on start button.
    4. Once the conversion of wmv file is completed you need to launch iMovie software.
    5. When the iMovie window appears you need to click on file menu and then select “Import movies”.
    6. Now the video will be imported into iMovie software easily.