Thread: Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 freeze

Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 freeze

I am trying to run Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 on my 64 bit Windows 7 Professional OS but the problem is this software freezes all the time whenever I try to use it. It has never worked continuously for 10 minutes. Sometime it shows the problem as insufficient memory even though I am having a 12Gb RAM support on Core i7 machine. Rebooting the machine solves this problem for sometime but again it shows the same problem and gets hanged.

Re: Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 freeze

It is not just about having a large amount of RAM on your machine but how much amount of RAM is available for while running the program is what should matter here. I suggest you to go to the Task Manager and check that which is the process that might be making your CPU busy very much as a result Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 starts freezing and it does not works properly. By opening the Task Manager you would be able to check the process that is acquiring the large amount of your CPU usage.

I suggest you to disconnect and internet connection on your windows machine as your program might be doing something online along with the job that you have assigned to it. But on another hand, It also indicates the symptoms of virus as virus is the most common reason for making your computer system working slow then its normal speed. You should scan your system as soon as possible as there could be some more damage to your data if you get late to remove the viruses out of your machine.

This could be the graphic driver as well which might not be supporting upto its 100% due to which your software which runs high graphic and edit the videos starts freezing. I guess you need to update the latest driver of the Graphic card which might sort out your issue. Its the best way to update the drivers from the Device Manager. You have to right click on the My Computer icon and then go its Properties where you will find Device Manager Tab.

I guess the problem could be with the software itself on which you are facing freezing issues. I suggest you to reinstall the same software again and then check that it shows you any kind of warning while installing or not. I guess there would be even more newer version of this software. Actually even older versions of an applications are not supported by the latest operating systems, So you must check about this criteria as well.