Thread: How should we delete the music library of Windows media player 12 in windows 7

How should we delete the music library of Windows media player 12 in windows 7

I want to remove the whole music library from the Windows Media Player 12 I m currently using windows 7. So I can begin once more with a fresh and latest database. With preceding edition of Windows Media Player this was easy - I would obtain to the Media Player directory inside Local Settings and remove every the files (keeping the folders aside). Now when I attempt to perform this I acquire the note as 'This act cannot be finished since the file is open in Windows Media Player system Sharing overhaul. Close the file and attempt once more." So anyone have any suggestion how to overcome this post? Then please reply on this post.

Re: How should we delete the music library of Windows media player 12 in windows 7

Confirm that the Windows Media Player system Sharing Service or Windows Media adjoin network service is not running by doing the following: Try to connect network service properly for your Windows Media player Network sharing service by the following procedure:

1. Go to run through the start menu.
    2. Then you will require typing the sevice.msc in the run box
    3. In Services, locate Windows Media Player system division Service, and then confirm that the position column point to Started
    4.Then you will need to select the service by double click on it and click the Stop button, alter the Startup sort to Disabled
    5. Reboot the system.

To reactivate the service replicate the method over, clicking the Start button in its place of Stop, in addition to changing the Startup kind to Automatic.

Now attempt to delete the music libraries.

Re: How should we delete the music library of Windows media player 12 in windows 7

I also cannot remove files from my Windows Media Player Library-- songs that have been remove from their unique locations. But after subsequent the instructions above, I now have additional problems. Not only will my files not remove but upon resume (after un-checking windows media player in Media features) my ability to observe other things on the network (system hard drive) unexpectedly went away. It happened on start up and there were no other changes. Can anyone please help?

If you have moved your music about on your hard drives, Windows Media Player carries on adding new entries into its library in its place of modifying the accessible ones. This means that you will now have numerous entries for the similar song, half of which will not effort now since you have moved the files to their latest place. To remove the existing library and build a new one, do the following:
    1. Shut Windows Media Player, stay about 3 seconds for the database to close.
    2. Using "My Computer", find the way to the following folder:
    F (or whatever drive is suitable for you):\Documents in addition to Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\medium Index
    3. remove the "Windows Media Player records....database" file here. This is not your definite music, simply the database which Windows Media Player uses as a record.
    4. Now you will need to open the windows media player.
    5. Press "F3" plus go into the location where you have shifted your music to. If it is on multiple drives, check "All Drives".

If you’ve been practicing the trouble where you can’t insert files to Windows Media Player’s library no subject what you do, then you almost certainly have a despoiled database, and you’ll need to remove it and then re-add the entire of your media to the library. These procedures will remove files, so you must make a backup of every files previous to you do this, particularly if you have buy song through one of the online song shops. Your music will not be remove, just the database. The first stuff you’ll require to do is go to Service of windows 7 through the control panel and seem for the services that begin with “Windows Media Player”. (Be certain Media Player is closed too) Click the stop button for each and be confident that all of the services that begin with “Windows Media Player” are closed before you carry on. Next, release up an explorer window and paste in the subsequent way into the address bar.