Thread: Need some help to install facetime on leopard

Need some help to install facetime on leopard

I have encompassed and got a friend tranquil working with Leopard 10.5 additional than he desires to install FaceTime. I be familiar by means of FaceTime requires 10.6.4 additional than I required to get your input on several hacks by means of the intention of might acquire it to run on 10.5. I am a noob hacker and customized the plist file within the app and set the OS smallest amount to 10.5 additional than it tranquil fails to run. Is there no matter which anybody else has endeavor by means of the intention of is worked. Be supposed to I be giving the impression of being in additional areas within the mpkg file or .app. The tribulations is by means of the intention of he endeavor to install SL twice and two times it failed on his brand innovative MacBook pro late 2009 edition.

Re: Need some help to install facetime on leopard

Here's what I am at present running on to get this to run. I XAR-ed the mpkg file and took a give the impression of being at the contents. Turns out there are a allocation script by means of the intention of runs a create certain for 10.6.4 previous to working with the install scripts. I went ahead and customized the distribution script and misrepresented it to create certain for at least 10.5. I repackaged the app and renamed it to FaceTime. I am going to have comprised my friend endeavor it out on his 10.5.8 machine and then report back results. If it runs, I determine to endeavor and post a download link (by means of a caveat of course by means of the intention of this might brick your apparatus so I am not responsible for anything.

So your friend endeavor the custom installer I generated additional than it does not seem to have comprised gone from side to side and installed at the entire. I determine to maintain hacking at it this evening and observe what I get. I might in addition endeavor and install this on a actually previous Mac Mini by means of the intention of us got a custom Leopard install (although I would not be familiar by means of if the camera runs I determine to get back to you guys later by means of several interesting updates. I endeavor this most recent night. Subsequent to extracting facetime.app commencing from the installer, I edited the minimum version or description in the info.plist file to 10.5.8. This eliminated the x commencing from in excess of the icon, additional than the app would crash as almost immediately as it was launched.

I XAR-ed the mpkg file and acquire a give the impression of being at the contents. Turns out there is a allocation script by means of the intention of runs a create certain for 10.6.4 previous to working with the install scripts. I went ahead and customized the distribution script and misrepresented it to make sure for at least 10.5. I repackaged the app and renamed it to FaceTime. I am going to have comprised my friend endeavor it out on his 10.5.8 apparatus and then report back results. If it runs, I determine to endeavor and position a download link (by means of a caveat of course by means of the intention of this might brick your apparatus so I am not responsible for everything.

I downloaded FaceTime, open the file and commence the installation procedure, then it stops to tell me the subsequent Software Update "You are misplaced a critical sanctuary patch. Give pleasure to utilize Software Update to install sanctuary Update 2010-005". I downloaded the obligatory Security to bring up to date 2010-005 for my MacBook and inaugurated it additional than the similar message maintain coming up when I endeavor to install FaceTime: Software to bring up to date "You are missing a critical sanctuary patch. Please utilize Software Update to install sanctuary Update 2010-005". Why is my MacBook not be familiar by means of the Security Update I have comprised and installed.

The message by means of the intention of pops up regarding it necessitate a security update (2010-005) is inaccurate and has no bearing on the install. It be supposed to read "Unsupported OS". Folks, it's stated extremely clearly by means of the intention of merely OS 10.6.4 and above is sustained or maintained for Facetime. Ran in to the similar problem. It does not surprise me by means of the intention of it's related to "unsupported OS", it immediately would encompass been nice to have by means of the intention of evidently stated in the keynote. I was predictable it to be for merely 10.6, other than when it was not mentioned, the "maybe" crept in. I have comprised and endeavor downloading the Facetime .DMG in together Firefox and Safari and when hitting it off the button, the page basically refreshes.