Thread: Microsoft Greetings Workshop on Windows 7

Microsoft Greetings Workshop on Windows 7

I have tried installing the Microsoft Greetings Workshop on my laptop which has Windows 7 installed on it. But there seems to be Compatibility issues with Windows 7 for installing this program. Actually when I am trying to install it then it show me an error as program can't access the database. Does anybody has any suggestion as where it is going wrong?

Re: Microsoft Greetings Workshop on Windows 7

Microsoft Greetings Workshop is a old program that has been created in the 1996, so it is but obvious that the latest operating system won't be able to run this much older software on your new machine. I suggest you to use some other older operating system on your windows 7 laptop so that you can install this software and have fun.

If you have installed Windows 7 Professional or Enterprise on your laptop then I have one way to test running this software on some other operating system then that of windows 7. You just need to use the Windows XP mode. For running Windows XP mode your machine should be having following things.

1. Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate editions.
    2. PC should be capable of hardware virtualization which means that your machine has a central processing unit (CPU).
    3. Make sure that Virtualization is turned ON in your BIOS.

I suggest you to boot your machine in the Safe Mode which may not show these kind of problem. You need to reboot your machine and then press F8 key several times and then you will have Windows Booting Options in front of you. Here you have to choose Safe Mode which will bot your machine in the Safe Mode. Now try installing the Microsoft Greetings Workshop but make sure that you have to logged in an administrators account.

I think you won't be able to use this program on windows 7 os as you can use it only on older operasting systems. Still you may try trying it on windows compatibility mode. As there are many programs which does not run properly in the normal windows mode but they work without any issue when you boot your machine in compatibility mode.

Quote Originally Posted by CodGuru View Post
    If you have installed Windows 7 Professional or Enterprise on your laptop then I have one way to test running this software on some other operating system then that of windows 7. You just need to use the Windows XP mode. For running Windows XP mode your machine should be having following things.

1. Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate editions.
    2. PC should be capable of hardware virtualization which means that your machine has a central processing unit (CPU).
    3. Make sure that Virtualization is turned ON in your BIOS.

I just bought a windows 7 prof desktop. I was wondering if you ever got the program to work and what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by lady520bug View Post
    I just bought a windows 7 prof desktop. I was wondering if you ever got the program to work and what you did?
    Well, have you tried to run the program in compatibility mode. To do that follow the below steps:
    1) Right click on the Program
    2) Click on Properties
    3) Click on Compatibility tab
    4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows Vista or whatever operating system the program was running successfully.