Thread: FTP passive mode in Windows Explorer

FTP passive mode in Windows Explorer

Windows takes so long, the nice feature with access via FTP Server that it makes it little bit fast. Sorry, but the upload of data fails obviously on passive - mode on many Internet servers. This would in turn be nice because then files from the programs can be stored directly on dme out FTP server, the user (employee and boss) has to go then no more detours - and creates the then finally Is there any other way the Windows Explorer to teach directly that it should use the passive mode? Or do I actually buy the company for the additional program WebDrive?

Re: FTP passive mode in Windows Explorer

Then allow the server to set permissions only read and execute but not write. When you say you could by "Drag and Drop" to access the target directory, click once with your right mouse button on it, then a matrix with valid access privileges will be displayed. A description can be found on the official website. So you just check this over ether. And after that what you have got you just inform me here.

I am also going through the same situation and here I want to know that what do you mean by "Windows Explorer"? Did you say Internet Explorer? You have ports for PASV FTP> 1023 open so the client can initiate both meetings that. Passive FTP:
    • command:> client server 1023 a 21:00,
    • data :> Client server 1023 a 1023

In the article on Microsoft website please read the section: Changing the FTP client mode in Internet Explorer

However, permission to display outside of the FTP-Internet-Explorer be turned off simultaneously. So I can in Windows Explorer, and then open an FTP Folder more. Obviously, the FTP function is a pure Internet Explorer function that allows only the Windows Explorer to view the files. For the user may then of course is illogical that he delete files on the FTP server, rename, and download - but it simply lacks the authority to upload files. I think in the course of the networking connection via FTP Explorer is a very useful function. Assured: I bring to customers the Office Live closer. Unfortunately we have to do it too often with little computer knowledge absolute. Only when I've been playing it for testing, WebDrive, and he was able to access such a folder or a drive to the FTP server it worked. But next time he called - because I had forgotten the server via new Webdrive. Would it not make sense to integrate the FTP connectivity to complete the Windows Explorer?

Passive mode and display of FTP files in Windows Explorer (outside of Internet Explorer ") both the advanced settings of Internet Explorer is set in. The Windows Explorer provides in this respect no adjustments. The IE does FTP in "passive", the CMD box FTP.EXE do with FTP in the "active", which is establishing the connection and use TCP / IP ports as seen by. So just check this.