Thread: In Outlook unread messages are not getting displayed in BOLD

In Outlook unread messages are not getting displayed in BOLD

I do not know what the great issue here is with the Microsoft Outlook here and I really want to get rid of the issue here that I am having with the Microsoft Outlook. I have seen that in the previous cases the unread messages were shown BOLD but after some time I have seen that it is just not working in the manner that it was desired to work with. I have seen that now Outlook is not keeping all the unread messages in BOLD and I would like to know if there is something with which I can be helped here. Please let me know about the same soon. Please let me have something to try for.
    Last edited by Pomona; 23-12-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Re: In Outlook unread messages are not getting displayed in BOLD

I have seen that this issue was first time on the internet when the update for Outlook was launched and the update was having the version 14.0.1. If at all you had seen the issue because of this I would say that it will be really better if you can just remove it from there and let me know if what I have said is correct. Please try to make the necessary changes here and let me know if what I have said is correct here. Please see if you can just remove the update.

Caught with the similar issue and let me tell you that the messages that are not part of the communication; I mean to say that are not read yet are not getting darken and the thing here is that if I just read the unread message and then again mark it as unread I have seen that the message gets BOLD. Also this remains on the temporary basis; I mean to say that if I just make the change here and when I restart the Microsoft Outlook; I have seen that the messages that were appearing as BOLD has just went to the normal mode. Also let me tell you that I do not have the 14.0.1 with me and would like to know the solution here in the case. Please let me know if there is any feasible solution to this problem.

To clear up the scene here let me tell you that the issue is not just because of the 14.0.1 alone but the thing is that it is because of the combination of some other update as well. That particular update with whose combination the issue has risen here is the 10.6.5. Till when I was running the Microsoft Outlook with the combination of the 14.0.1 and the 10.6.4 all was going well and I was able to see the unread massages getting bold but the scenario simply changed once I went for 10.6.5. So I have given you the culprit for the issue and I would suggest you to get it uninstalled if that were really in your case as well. Just see it and let me know about the same as well. See this carefully and then proceed accordingly.

Well if you are at all going for the 10.6.5 and if you are sure that this the real cause for the issue here then let me tell you that you will not be required to make the reinstall of the same or you will not be required to remove the installed update so that you can have the things running in your case. All you will have to do is you will be required to run Repair Permission and let me tell you that this can really come up with magic in your case here. In addition to that I would also say that it will be nice if you can us the Apple Combo Updater here and see if that can help you here. Well if you follow the advice here then simply do one thing download the Combo and then just run Repair Permission and see if this can help you here.

Well I have been with the issue and I am of the opinion that rolling back is the only and the sure shot solution for the case that you all have here come up with and I am of the opinion that it will be really better to look at it in this manner. Try this and let me know about the same. Please I have not seen many solutions in this case and if you are able to get it rectified with the solution that has been posted and if not then I would simply recommend you to have the backup of your data and then simply make the reinstallation of the things here and I am of the opinion that this will really help you in the situation of yours. Also in addition to that if you want you can have a look at the following link and see if that can help you in any manner here: Unread Mail message Unable to Read - MS Outlook and All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read.