Thread: Outlook: Logon Failure because of Keychain being incorrectly updated

Outlook: Logon Failure because of Keychain being incorrectly updated

Well I am sure that I am not the only one having the issue here. If someone has already faced this then please let me know about the same here. Detailed explanation of the issue will really help you in looking in the matter here. I was not getting any issue while installing the Exchange Server and it went really smooth. It even allowed me to logging successfully and after that it immediately started syncing with the MS Outlook account of mine; but after few seconds I have seen that it simply pops up an error saying Logon Failure. I went after the issue to see if I can break the issue and when I entered Mac's Keychain there I was able to view an Account and Outlook was using that account with the name ----.com. When compared with the name that is with the Server I saw that it was matching. Now after that I tried to manually update the Keychain after closing the Outlook. On the first occasion it just ran successfully. But when again I tried to open the same it prompted me with the same error. Please can you help me with this?

Re: Outlook: Logon Failure because of Keychain being incorrectly updated

It will be really great if you can do one thing here. Please try to have a look at the Exchange and access logs. See if you can find some of the details there; regarding the Logins that you have attempted for there. Please see this and let me know if you are able to get out something from there. Also it seems that your issue is having a lot to do with the domain setup and I am of the opinion that you must have seriously done something weird with this and you are go caught with the issue here. I would suggest you to see if you can see for the updates again that you had installed there and in addition to that see for the MS Outlook of yours and see for some vital data that you might be missing there. Please come up with the details so that I can have a look at the issue here.

Seriously; the issue here is really worst and let me tell you that you will be required to do some deletion here. You will be required to delete all the entries that are analogous to the account that you have in the Keychain. It seems to me that you will be required to start all again and the first step is going in this manner. In addition to that I would also suggest you to use the Keychain First Aid command right from the Keychain Access. The reason I am saying this is because it seems from the explanation that you have come up here with that the Keychain of yours has corrupted and I am of the firm opinion that this step will help you to repair the corruption and will allow you to use the Exchange without any further issues.

What is the Microsoft Outlook version that you are having with you there. Will be happy to know that first. Well I have the Microsoft Office 2010 and let me tell you that it has no such issues here. On the very same note I also want to know how you configured the MS Outlook of yours. Well did you allow it to get configure by itself or you did this manually. If you did it manually then I am of the opinion that it will be wise if you can do it again based on the Auto-Discover feature that is there in Outlook. A similar situation like this I have seen before and I had noticed this with the Entourage. In this case however the issue was rectified by keeping the Domain text box blank. Doing this helped in coming out of the issue there and will be happy if you can see this working in your case as well. See if you can see this type of issue in your case there and let me know about the same.

No I do not think that you will be able to make this work here in your case as that is said above for the Entourage. In case of the Outlook 2011 there is really no separate domain that can be pulled off and hence I think that the method that has been suggested above will work for you. I would simply suggest you to look in the settings and see if you can hit something there. I am sorry that I cannot help you with the issue that you are having at this moment but this is the only thing that I can suggest you at this moment. Let me know if you were able to dig out solution for you.

I have seen the solution in this case and I have found this after giving this multiple try here. I do not know if this is a bug but I have seen this working and it just works here. Try this and see if this works well in your case as well. I just typed this \ just in front of the domain of login and I have seen that it is working here. After making this amendments and dealing with the Keychain there I have seen that the account of mine is taking the domain. After succeeding with this I was really happy there and I am of the opinion that you will find this working in your case as well. All these that I have suggested works in Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Entourage and hence I am of the opinion that this will work in your case even if you are having Microsoft Outlook 2011.