Thread: Locking MSN Plus not working after upgrade to Windows 7

Locking MSN Plus not working after upgrade to Windows 7

I have installed the MSN on my windows XP machine and I used to lock my MSN by using the space bar and CTRL as I have installed the MSN Live Plus too. Normally I was getting the pop up on right corner of the task bar but this does not seems to be working since I have upgraded my machine to Windows 7. Is it like such feature has been removed in the Windows 7 are there any special add in for MSN needs to be installed to make this working.

Re: Locking MSN Plus not working after upgrade to Windows 7

To lock a Windows Live Messenger open session in the main window click on WLM Plus! → Preferences.. go to the tab → click Messenger Lock Messenger in the left menu tick → Password → unlock enter a password and confirm below Unlocking the Messenger OK. From now on, you can lock your session opened by clicking on WLM Plus! And Messenger Lock from the main window. Once locked, the messenger exchange disk-shaped network! in the notification area. To unlock a session Windows Live Messenger open, double click the disk icon, a dialog box opens with this message: Password Required - This session has been locked by Messenger Messenger Plus!. You must enter a password to unlock and access your Messenger contacts. → enter your password created earlier in the Preferences ... then click on Unlock.

It seems like you haven't got familiar with the user interface of the Windows 7 operating system which has few beautiful features such as touch pads used to have. Actually once you have enabled the lock on the MSN then there is no need to click several times for disabling it as you can do the same directly clicking from the icon which shows you that MSN has been locked. Just click on it will show you options to take actions, Isn't it simple?

Suppose you have forgot the password to unlock the MSN then what you can do, Here I have given you some steps that you can follow to get rid of problem.
    1. Restart the computer (too long!). Complete the process and restart Messenger (very fast!).
    2. Right click on the taskbar → Task Manager.
    3. In the Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab locate msnmsgr.exe → → right click on it and End Process.
    4. To restart it quickly, still in the Task Manager, click File → New Task (Run ...) → type msnmsgr.exe in Create a new task and then OK.

I does not seems to be logical that microsoft have given you the feature for locking the MSN sessions but there would be no way to unlock it. Do you feel that Microsoft would be kidding with its own users and MSN is not at all less popular that such mistakes in the features could be tolerated. I think you should try searching about the same as if even though I think that it should be giving you some options from the taskbar itself but still there must be some option in the menu as well which lets you unlock the MSN that you have locked with your password.