Thread: Pro tool Compatibility on Windows 7

Pro tool Compatibility on Windows 7

I have got a desktop system , I have intel core 2 duo processor, 1 ITB of hard drive installed of Kingston and a Corsair RAM. I was using a dual boot system first. I was using Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system. Then I decided to upgrade to windows 7 and wanted to use only one operating system as Windows 7 was needed and Windows Vista was of very less use for me. So for that reason I had upgraded to windows, however I wanted to know whether the Tool named as Pro Tool of Windows xp can be used with Windows 7 . Please post back your replies whoever has any sort of suggestion or idea on this compatibility issue.

Re: Pro tool Compatibility on Windows 7

I for a short time did some study on the internet and from what I can notify you that ProTools is not really well-matched with Windows 7 RC up till now particularly edition 7. A few people may have tried to work it on their Windows 7 platform but it would have worked partly, but they all had stuck in lots of hoops. I think you should wait until the Windows 7 version of Pro tool is released .

I had installed Win7 ultimate 64bit a few days back and also installed Pro Tool media player of version 8 , it works without any issue and efficiently , it works well even when I have aero installed and a bunch of windows xp programs installed in it . After installing I could easily record audio and play it easily , I think I could do it because I was running it on the Virtual xp mode in my desktop.

Before working on any tool that you think is quite new to your operating system, you should always check the compatibility To check if a software is compatible with Windows 7 operating system , you can:
    • You can test the software author's web site.
    • Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor on your system that has the software.
    • Just search the Protool in Software section which you will find in Windows 7 Compatibility Center.

Yes, Windows 7 is available in two version one is of 32-bit and and the other is of64-bit versions.