Thread: Windows Media Center 7 not recieving Clear QAM stations

Windows Media Center 7 not recieving Clear QAM stations

Well let me tell you that i am having a strange problem with receiving qam signals in my windows media center. After a repeatative number of scanning i only get two or three channels with proper qam. I thought this may be due to the weak signals in my locality. So to tackle such type of issue i brought a amplifier which would provide me a better signal strength. Well it gave me the signals of the different channels and with different channel number. So i throwed it out. Now what can i do to fix this problem. Please do help me with some solutions.

Re: Windows Media Center 7 not recieving Clear QAM stations

Well , if you are using a digital cable to watch the qam channels in your PC. Then let me tell you all cable channels do not provide good quality QAM stations that you can view properly. Well i would advice you to go with the hauppauge card. This card will help you to watch the high definition cable TV on your PC. If you are having a video card then i would advice you to replace it with this particular card it will definitely help you.

Talking about your problem i must say that the windows media center do miss out some channels. It does not cover all the channels which are broadcasted. So that's why i recommend the use of good TV tuners. These tuners will separate the channels that are not listed and will display it to the users. One such good example of such TV tuner is the Silicon Dust. In the silicon dust you have the option of listing down the missing channels and add them accordingly into the media center with the necessary QAM specification. So i would suggest you to go and get a good TV tuner that will scan the channels that are not viewed by the windows media center.

Thanks for the solution and it has really helped me. Well i have recently got a new TV tuner card and i am getting more channels. So this has helped me. First i was hardly getting any 3-4 channels from the hauppage hvr 1800 and now i am getting around 70 channels with the new silicon dust TV tuner. Which is a lot as compared to the earlier one. The picture quality is also good. Thanks for helping me out.